uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-01-21 21:08:24

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,887

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Detroit;3733 wrote:

They need to be away to get back our accounts if we forget our passwords.
Do you know any way we can recover our lost accounts on this forum without mail? Please share with us.

I do not know of anyway and I do not think uTalk currently has a medium of recovery for lost or hacked accounts. I could be wrong, but I could find no such option for someone who is logged out of the forum.

A way to recover without mails could be true unique addresses linked to that profile.

Offline

#27 2023-01-23 18:52:30

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,684

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Lanistergame2;3778 wrote:

I do not know of anyway and I do not think uTalk currently has a medium of recovery for lost or hacked accounts. I could be wrong, but I could find no such option for someone who is logged out of the forum.

A way to recover without mails could be true unique addresses linked to that profile.

I don't think there's a medium like that. They really need to figure out a way to get this thing fixed. I see it as a big issue. The development department should look into it.

Offline

#28 2023-01-27 16:34:35

PEACEMAKER
Member
Registered: 2023-01-27
Posts: 412

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

its not necessary having your account here linked with your Email address its going to be compromising and against the ethics of what Utopia p2p believes.

Offline

#29 2023-01-27 16:58:57

Dozie
Member
Registered: 2023-01-18
Posts: 658

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Email is not required when creating the utopia p2p application and I think it's better this way so that the application won't be linked to other social media

Offline

#30 2023-01-27 17:47:05

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 2,229

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Well I also value anonymity but I am not actually over critical about less anonymity. Like using email. Honestly I actually set my business email so not defined about me that even if I had to connect my account to it you wouldn’t link it to me.

Online

#31 2023-01-27 17:48:06

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,213

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Detroit;3785 wrote:
Lanistergame2;3778 wrote:

I do not know of anyway and I do not think uTalk currently has a medium of recovery for lost or hacked accounts. I could be wrong, but I could find no such option for someone who is logged out of the forum.

A way to recover without mails could be true unique addresses linked to that profile.

I don't think there's a medium like that. They really need to figure out a way to get this thing fixed. I see it as a big issue. The development department should look into it.

The development is yet to create a password recovery or forget password scheme on this forum but you guys want them to add it to this forum why don't you create a topic about it in the "Question and help" section of this forum?

Offline

#32 2023-01-27 22:09:27

joanna
Member
Registered: 2023-01-10
Posts: 2,798

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

KAMSI_UG;3852 wrote:

Well I also value anonymity but I am not actually over critical about less anonymity. Like using email. Honestly I actually set my business email so not defined about me that even if I had to connect my account to it you wouldn’t link it to me.

Although you might be adamant that the email isn't connected to you in any way, I think you can't continue using it for the foreseeable future without making a mistake that will actually connect the email to you.
This is what I believe the Utopia p2p team doesn't want to happen.

Offline

#33 2023-01-27 22:23:02

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,736

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Dozie;3846 wrote:

Email is not required when creating the utopia p2p application and I think it's better this way so that the application won't be linked to other social media

If you notice you'll see that practically every element of the Utopia P2P website and application client does not require an email address, only the public key associated with your uWallet.

Offline

#34 2023-01-30 23:44:47

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,213

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

IyaJJJ;3926 wrote:
Dozie;3846 wrote:

Email is not required when creating the utopia p2p application and I think it's better this way so that the application won't be linked to other social media

If you notice you'll see that practically every element of the Utopia P2P website and application client does not require an email address, only the public key associated with your uWallet.

That's correct and it is all because the Utopia p2p ecosystem was created to solve the problem of privacy, decentralization, security, and other innovative concepts not to add to it.

Offline

#35 2023-02-05 07:51:12

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,887

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

joanna;3921 wrote:

Although you might be adamant that the email isn't connected to you in any way, I think you can't continue using it for the foreseeable future without making a mistake that will actually connect the email to you.
This is what I believe the Utopia p2p team doesn't want to happen.

It is very possible to keep using an email address without making any mistake that leads it back to you. One can explore options of single use addresses, or throwaway addresses.

But it is understandable that everyone might not be able to manage it sufficiently and could make a mistake at one point or the other which leads to a privacy risk.

Offline

#36 2023-02-05 17:09:44

full
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,512

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

thrive;4284 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3926 wrote:
Dozie;3846 wrote:

Email is not required when creating the utopia p2p application and I think it's better this way so that the application won't be linked to other social media

If you notice you'll see that practically every element of the Utopia P2P website and application client does not require an email address, only the public key associated with your uWallet.

That's correct and it is all because the Utopia p2p ecosystem was created to solve the problem of privacy, decentralization, security, and other innovative concepts not to add to it.

Yes, when trying to solve the issue of privacy the use of an email shouldn't be something the user must use. This is something that the Utopia p2p development team understand before the integrated the use of a public key which will also make use of the ecosystem to be for the project enthusiast only.

Offline

#37 2023-02-05 17:27:29

joanna
Member
Registered: 2023-01-10
Posts: 2,798

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Lanistergame2;4727 wrote:
joanna;3921 wrote:

Although you might be adamant that the email isn't connected to you in any way, I think you can't continue using it for the foreseeable future without making a mistake that will actually connect the email to you.
This is what I believe the Utopia p2p team doesn't want to happen.

It is very possible to keep using an email address without making any mistake that leads it back to you. One can explore options of single use addresses, or throwaway addresses.

But it is understandable that everyone might not be able to manage it sufficiently and could make a mistake at one point or the other which leads to a privacy risk.

The use of a throw-away email address can provide the needed privacy that will connect users in any way but you need to understand there is some platform that never accepts throwaway. This reminds me of when I used a throwaway phone number to register a Twitter account, but after 5days the account was blocked.

Offline

#38 2023-02-05 18:41:40

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,213

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

full;4736 wrote:
thrive;4284 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3926 wrote:

If you notice you'll see that practically every element of the Utopia P2P website and application client does not require an email address, only the public key associated with your uWallet.

That's correct and it is all because the Utopia p2p ecosystem was created to solve the problem of privacy, decentralization, security, and other innovative concepts not to add to it.

Yes, when trying to solve the issue of privacy the use of an email shouldn't be something the user must use. This is something that the Utopia p2p development team understand before the integrated the use of a public key which will also make use of the ecosystem to be for the project enthusiast only.

Hmm. This explains the reason why the Crypton Exchange also requires uWallet public keys so that it will provide more secure privacy and enthusiasm for the Utopia p2p ecosystem.

Offline

#39 2023-02-05 19:17:12

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

I have heard of so many people who had their email address compromised and it affected them on the services they registered on with the email address. Having an email address connected to you can also affect your privacy, though email addresses help with account recovery on centralized services, but it isn’t important in a decentralized protocol like Utopia, i don’t wish for it to ever be added.

Offline

#40 2023-02-05 20:25:57

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,887

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Camavinga;4778 wrote:

I have heard of so many people who had their email address compromised and it affected them on the services they registered on with the email address. Having an email address connected to you can also affect your privacy, though email addresses help with account recovery on centralized services, but it isn’t important in a decentralized protocol like Utopia, i don’t wish for it to ever be added.

Email addresses can affect ones privacy if they do not handle it properly, but can be a useful feature for communication and also to allow account recoveries.

It could be added as an optional feature where we can chose to toggle it on and off, so those that feel they cannot handle the feature would turn it off.

Offline

#41 2023-02-08 20:49:35

YES
Member
Registered: 2023-02-08
Posts: 11

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

CrytoCynthia;2260 wrote:

I understand Utopia is very shroud on privacy matters but I noticed that when creating the Utopia p2p application it doesn’t require any form of Email is this a way to show that Utopia p2p doesn’t want the application linked to other social media out, so what do you guys think is it important for the application to be connected to an email address.

I believe that many people use Utopia P2P for its privacy and security features. People use Utopia P2P to obscure their online activities. Using a third-party email service or a centralized email provider is not a good thing when it comes to online privacy. No personal data collection is one of its key selling points, and it's a major factor in why people choose to use it.

Offline

#42 2023-02-08 23:52:06

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,213

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

YES;5169 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;2260 wrote:

I understand Utopia is very shroud on privacy matters but I noticed that when creating the Utopia p2p application it doesn’t require any form of Email is this a way to show that Utopia p2p doesn’t want the application linked to other social media out, so what do you guys think is it important for the application to be connected to an email address.

I believe that many people use Utopia P2P for its privacy and security features. People use Utopia P2P to obscure their online activities. Using a third-party email service or a centralized email provider is not a good thing when it comes to online privacy. No personal data collection is one of its key selling points, and it's a major factor in why people choose to use it.

I can see that you're a new user here but your knowledge about privacy is enormous. Welcome on board.
Thank you for making this enlight post I once talk about the user not needing the use of an email address but some people seem not to like the idea, isn't this the reason why the Utopia dev makes use of PKey

Offline

#43 2023-02-09 06:01:02

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,887

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

joanna;4737 wrote:

The use of a throw-away email address can provide the needed privacy that will connect users in any way but you need to understand there is some platform that never accepts throwaway. This reminds me of when I used a throwaway phone number to register a Twitter account, but after 5days the account was blocked.

That may have not been the reason that your account was blocked. Twitter is strict with new accounts and could have been you violated another of their policy at the time.

Any platform that is averse to throwaway emails is not privacy conscious then and should be avoided if possible, or you sign up with a random address which does not link back to you and you would not reuse on another platform.

Offline

#44 2023-02-21 23:56:05

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,213

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Lanistergame2;5210 wrote:
joanna;4737 wrote:

The use of a throw-away email address can provide the needed privacy that will connect users in any way but you need to understand there is some platform that never accepts throwaway. This reminds me of when I used a throwaway phone number to register a Twitter account, but after 5days the account was blocked.

That may have not been the reason that your account was blocked. Twitter is strict with new accounts and could have been you violated another of their policy at the time.

Any platform that is averse to throwaway emails is not privacy conscious then and should be avoided if possible, or you sign up with a random address which does not link back to you and you would not reuse on another platform.

You are totally right about Twitter since the major drawback of centralized social media platforms is their unlawful rules and regulation and ban of user accounts unnecessarily but I don't think is privacy-wise for a privacy focus platform to make use of email even if it's a throwaway email.

Offline

#45 2023-03-02 12:38:18

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,609

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

thrive;5265 wrote:
Lanistergame2;5210 wrote:
joanna;4737 wrote:

The use of a throw-away email address can provide the needed privacy that will connect users in any way but you need to understand there is some platform that never accepts throwaway. This reminds me of when I used a throwaway phone number to register a Twitter account, but after 5days the account was blocked.

That may have not been the reason that your account was blocked. Twitter is strict with new accounts and could have been you violated another of their policy at the time.

Any platform that is averse to throwaway emails is not privacy conscious then and should be avoided if possible, or you sign up with a random address which does not link back to you and you would not reuse on another platform.

You are totally right about Twitter since the major drawback of centralized social media platforms is their unlawful rules and regulation and ban of user accounts unnecessarily but I don't think is privacy-wise for a privacy focus platform to make use of email even if it's a throwaway email.

The risk using social media can not be over emphasized. I see the social media as an avenue for them to take advantage of their users by stealing some of their private details.

Online

#46 2023-03-03 13:28:45

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

CrytoCynthia;2260 wrote:

I understand Utopia is very shroud on privacy matters but I noticed that when creating the Utopia p2p application it doesn’t require any form of Email is this a way to show that Utopia p2p doesn’t want the application linked to other social media out, so what do you guys think is it important for the application to be connected to an email address.

Hi. No, it doesn't matter. But you can't restore in case of loss).

Offline

#47 2023-03-03 13:30:48

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Detroit;2264 wrote:

I think Utopia have done this to make things very easy for new users to register without going through too many hassles, though including an email is not too much of an hassle and is very important on almost every platform, most especially for recovery of account, so i want to know how Utopia helps with account recovery on this without the inclusion of a user email.

It's all made up already. Just close that sentence, that's all. And you can create private keys in stock.

Offline

#48 2023-03-03 13:33:00

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

KAMSI_UG;2266 wrote:

Well in as much as there is no email linked to the creation of The Utopia application. Every account has their unique public key and they public keep may help in the recovery of the account, but and addiction of an email would be really helpful if you ask me

But I am against this initiative. Creating an email account for those who need it will unlock your anonymity online and that's it. You will get caught. Creating email is the first step where you stop being anonymous.

Offline

#49 2023-03-03 13:34:43

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Kelechi;2269 wrote:

u

Kelechi;2269 wrote:

<p>The things needs for the registration of Utopia p2p application is very easy if you ask me , you username, you real names which are optional and then your password, to me this are details that you should not misplace</p>

Yes, you can just reset the password with a passphrase and all or a private key and that's it. But of course add a feature for full encryption if you really have something to hide.))))

Offline

#50 2023-03-03 13:36:32

Cromanes
Member
Registered: 2021-12-10
Posts: 316

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Lanistergame2;2272 wrote:

You security is a personal thing, why not take it into your hands, well when I created my own uTalk account all I did was to write down all my useful details I used in creating the account and after that I kept them safe, no need for an email.

Yes. But it seemed to me here that you said completely obvious things than something really good.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB