Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-02-03 21:35:28

level

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;4565 wrote:
level;4559 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;4415 wrote:

Well probably the OP has some important ideas about her he has imagined the writers board to be expect that I have not need to want a writers board here many of us here already write in English.

According to what I read on the original poster page, the OP already has the idea he put together for the writer's channel but he's seeking the community idea and contribution to make the channel get the needed traffic.

Yeah,  I noticed the same thing. But it happened that the writer but I think the writer is no longer interested in this matter. The writer seems to have moved on from this subject.

It's expected that the writer will move to another subject because the Utopia p2p ecosystem hasn't grown to the extent of welcoming huge features and channels that are not privacy focus, fun, music, and game.

#52 2023-02-03 22:32:33

Detroit

level;4577 wrote:
Detroit;4565 wrote:
level;4559 wrote:

According to what I read on the original poster page, the OP already has the idea he put together for the writer's channel but he's seeking the community idea and contribution to make the channel get the needed traffic.

Yeah,  I noticed the same thing. But it happened that the writer but I think the writer is no longer interested in this matter. The writer seems to have moved on from this subject.

It's expected that the writer will move to another subject because the Utopia p2p ecosystem hasn't grown to the extent of welcoming huge features and channels that are not privacy focus, fun, music, and game.

Moving on should not be a great factor here. As an individual,  you need to face that which you're struggling with. Ensuring your voice is heard is very good. But not just dumping ideas left and right.

#53 2023-02-04 17:03:48

full

What i see in this situation is that there's time for everything if the time is not right you can't force things to happen unless you want to disgrace yourself it's better to accept fate, work on the mistake, and get back on.

#54 2023-02-04 19:11:29

Camavinga

joanna;4557 wrote:

No, he was talking about the channel he created on the Utopia application client for modern literature and he was looking for people with a like mind that will join the channel and also make contributions.

That is exactly what i said, and i did say it because there is some misconception in this topic about what the op’s motives were, he wasn’t asking for a board which many people think he was. I feel more people need to understand how these channels work, i believe if you are interested in something and you feel others will be interested too, then if you have the time you can start a channel on it.

#55 2023-02-04 19:27:41

Detroit

full;4599 wrote:

What i see in this situation is that there's time for everything if the time is not right you can't force things to happen unless you want to disgrace yourself it's better to accept fate, work on the mistake, and get back on.

Yeah,  that's true. This may hurt a bit but that's the gospel truth. You don't have to force things to go your way.  It will only give desperation which you will not want. It's high time people learn to accept what they can change and stop bitching about it.

#56 2023-02-04 21:22:40

Kelechi

So guys can we end the back and forth about this writer channel, does any one actually fancy a writers channel here or not?

#57 2023-02-04 22:21:02

level

Detroit;4587 wrote:
level;4577 wrote:
Detroit;4565 wrote:

Moving on should not be a great factor here. As an individual,  you need to face that which you're struggling with. Ensuring your voice is heard is very good. But not just dumping ideas left and right.

It is good to fight hard to make one's voice heard when the battle is yet to be lost but when the end result is pretty clear buddy you don't need to fight a lost battle.
The ecosystem is yet to be enlarged when the time comes writers will join the channel.

#58 2023-02-05 18:37:12

Detroit

level;4706 wrote:

It is good to fight hard to make one's voice heard when the battle is yet to be lost but when the end result is pretty clear buddy you don't need to fight a lost battle.
The ecosystem is yet to be enlarged when the time comes writers will join the channel.

Sometimes it turns out people are giving up too soon which is not a good thing. As someone who wants to go far in life or accomplish a lot of things, you need to work hard and smart to unlucky that next level. You don't stop fighting because you can't fight, you stop fighting until there's nothing to fight for.

#59 2023-02-05 19:48:31

KingCRP

Kelechi;4682 wrote:

So guys can we end the back and forth about this writer channel, does any one actually fancy a writers channel here or not?

Well it’s a personal choice the fact that you don’t want the writers board doesn’t mean someone else here does not want it but what we can do right now is let people make their choice.

#60 2023-02-05 19:52:15

Camavinga

Kelechi;4682 wrote:

I am saying this for the umpteenth time, i love reading and writing, and if there is actually an active channel for writers, i would be more than interested in it, for now this channel isn’t so active. I would have started my own channel for writers, but i do not have the time currently, maybe if i ever have a less busy schedule i might run something like that.

#61 2023-02-05 20:51:03

Detroit

Kelechi;4682 wrote:

I love reading books. I also fancy a writer's channel. It looks like something that will be very good. I'm looking forward to seeing it very soon.

#62 2023-02-06 05:21:02

Lanistergame2

Camavinga;4806 wrote:

I am saying this for the umpteenth time, i love reading and writing, and if there is actually an active channel for writers, i would be more than interested in it, for now this channel isn’t so active. I would have started my own channel for writers, but i do not have the time currently, maybe if i ever have a less busy schedule i might run something like that.

The response here has shown that a writer's board would take off as many members seem to be interested in reading and writing, myself included.

There would also be more members joining in who are interested in reading and writing as well. Hit me up if you do get to get that cannel running, or if you find one.

#63 2023-02-06 18:35:17

KAMSI_UG

Camavinga;4806 wrote:
Kelechi;4682 wrote:

Well mate you have shown interest in reading and writing that’s great, but the forum doesn’t owe you any thing concerning that. For example I love cooking does that mean we should have a cooking board there are other forum i can join regarding that.

#64 2023-02-06 19:29:13

JONSNOWING

KAMSI_UG;4870 wrote:
Camavinga;4806 wrote:
Kelechi;4682 wrote:

Well mate you have shown interest in reading and writing that’s great, but the forum doesn’t owe you any thing concerning that. For example I love cooking does that mean we should have a cooking board there are other forum i can join regarding that.

I think you have a point too, we can't try to enable a cryptocurrency based forum help us with our passion and hobbies even when we know that it doesn't have link to the jurisdiction of the forum.

#65 2023-02-06 19:44:41

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;4870 wrote:

Lol, Ad-hominem. I still have to reiterate again, this discussion isn’t about a writers BOARD, it is a CHANNEL for writers, they both mean different things, there are no channels in the forum but boards, meaning that it would be hosted outside of the uTalk forum.

#66 2023-02-06 21:51:16

thrive

Lanistergame2;4857 wrote:
Camavinga;4806 wrote:

The response here has shown that a writer's board would take off as many members seem to be interested in reading and writing, myself included.

There would also be more members joining in who are interested in reading and writing as well. Hit me up if you do get to get that cannel running, or if you find one.

I never detest the idea of having a channel that will be meant for writers and reading literally literature but we need to look at how the channel will survive along the road. Yes, a lot of people are interested but will people keep the channel activity going? I can see some are busy.

#67 2023-02-06 22:22:09

joanna

KAMSI_UG;4870 wrote:
Camavinga;4806 wrote:
Kelechi;4682 wrote:

In a decentralization ecosystem, there's the chance for the creation of such a board. However, it has to start from the application not here and before creating the channel or board ask yourself do we need this now?

#68 2023-02-06 22:39:38

full

Camavinga;4893 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4870 wrote:

Lol, Ad-hominem. I still have to reiterate again, this discussion isn’t about a writers BOARD, it is a CHANNEL for writers, they both mean different things, there are no channels in the forum but boards, meaning that it would be hosted outside of the uTalk forum.

Enough of this debate and discourage the creation of channels for literature. Why don't you guys that like reading and writing create the channel on Utopia p2p application client and see what will happen first before making any conclusion?

#69 2023-02-07 13:22:30

Camavinga

thrive;4950 wrote:

I never detest the idea of having a channel that will be meant for writers and reading literally literature but we need to look at how the channel will survive along the road. Yes, a lot of people are interested but will people keep the channel activity going? I can see some are busy.

Can we find out without trying? I don’t think that is possible, if the channel is up and running and the interest fades, then that would be the end of the channel, but what if it goes the other way and succeeds, then people who are interested would be happy they had the motivation to give the idea the push it needed.

#70 2023-02-07 19:04:55

Detroit

full;4959 wrote:

Enough of this debate and discourage the creation of channels for literature. Why don't you guys that like reading and writing create the channel on Utopia p2p application client and see what will happen first before making any conclusion?

That could work also. But don't you think it will eat up a lot of time and resources? Like that much time in the day or any time of the week to run through such programs. It requires a lot of attention and concentration which many don't have.

#71 2023-02-07 19:12:17

CrytoCynthia

I really never thought we would be discussing about that inclusion of a writers board on the forum, come to think of it what would the discussion actually be about?

#72 2023-02-07 21:38:01

Lanistergame2

thrive;4950 wrote:

We would never know until the channel is set up and fully functional.

I for one would contribute whenever I can to the channel and try to keep it as active as I can and if we have a couple of other like-minded people, we have an active channel, if not we have given it a shot.

#73 2023-02-07 22:07:25

Kelechi

CrytoCynthia;5014 wrote:

I really never thought we would be discussing about that inclusion of a writers board on the forum, come to think of it what would the discussion actually be about?

It's actually very confusing because from the reason the op wanted a writers board it was about teaching English to people I really think it is not going to make any sense.

#74 2023-02-08 11:49:18

Camavinga

CrytoCynthia;5014 wrote:

The discussion would be centered around literature, where people can share their views about stuffs they have read and the impact it had on them, there would also be analysis, critiques, essays, etc on different subjects. But i must correct for the umpteenth time, it is a channel, not a board.

#75 2023-02-08 14:17:00

CrytoCynthia

Camavinga;5091 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5014 wrote:

The discussion would be centered around literature, where people can share their views about stuffs they have read and the impact it had on them, there would also be analysis, critiques, essays, etc on different subjects. But i must correct for the umpteenth time, it is a channel, not a board.

That’s good mate I wish to also have this sort of experience but how is all that supposed to be on UTalk forum? I actually don’t see any relationship.

Board footer