Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-02-01 22:16:27

thrive

Re: what happens if CRP is lost

JONSNOWING;4299 wrote:
Detroit;4223 wrote:
PEACEMAKER;4198 wrote:

Crypton Exchange is a Decentralized exchange right? I believe it is and that's a great thjng, but I don't know if it's possible to tag an account that faults in a peer 2 peer transactions commitment and the person be sanctioned.

I think it's possible to tag someone who is at fault at Crypton exchange p2p. Also sanctioning this individual includes blocking their account. Crypton exchange is also decentralized.

Well what of in a case where tag gets abused? The main point is that we all understand the benefits and dangers of decentralization and decentralized p2p, you actually need to up your game in terms of security to be able not to lose funds.

Yes, Crypton Exchange is somehow centralized but I don't think there's any chance of tagging someone on the exchange especially when a single user can have at least 20 wallets address.

#27 2023-02-01 22:20:13

IyaJJJ

Dozie;4341 wrote:

Finally made my first transactions with CRP although I sent the coin to someone Crypton uWallet in as much as it's simple I believe with great cautiousness you should not be loosing your CRP Crypton.

Making transactions with Crypton coin is really simple and fast either but there's an attack called copy clipboard which is used by hackers to change the address copied.
I will you familiarize yourself with the user wallet avatar so you won't sell CRP to the wrong address.

#28 2023-02-01 22:23:40

KingCRP

IyaJJJ;4380 wrote:
Dozie;4341 wrote:

Finally made my first transactions with CRP although I sent the coin to someone Crypton uWallet in as much as it's simple I believe with great cautiousness you should not be loosing your CRP Crypton.

Making transactions with Crypton coin is really simple and fast either but there's an attack called copy clipboard which is used by hackers to change the address copied.
I will you familiarize yourself with the user wallet avatar so you won't sell CRP to the wrong address.

True I have made transactions with big coins like Bitcoin and even Ethereum but I can say the speed level for CRP Crypton to confirm a transaction is faster than any other transactions.

#29 2023-02-01 22:33:19

level

If anyone lost his/her Crypton coin nothing will happen then to accept fate, learn from the mistake and never let is repeat itself because we are talking about privacy coin transactions.

#30 2023-02-02 19:20:09

KAMSI_UG

level;4387 wrote:

If anyone lost his/her Crypton coin nothing will happen then to accept fate, learn from the mistake and never let is repeat itself because we are talking about privacy coin transactions.

Then how about those that actually lost their cryptocurrency funds to fraudsters and where still Able to get it recovered, so it’s actually possible to recover lost funds but the truth is that it’s never going to be easy.

#31 2023-02-02 20:44:30

Kelechi

KAMSI_UG;4404 wrote:
level;4387 wrote:

Then how about those that actually lost their cryptocurrency funds to fraudsters and where still Able to get it recovered, so it’s actually possible to recover lost funds but the truth is that it’s never going to be easy.

Well those who were able to successfully recover their lost funds should consider themselves very lucky and most times this happens when the amount is huge.

#32 2023-02-02 21:18:33

KingCRP

Kelechi;4426 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4404 wrote:
level;4387 wrote:

Well those who were able to successfully recover their lost funds should consider themselves very lucky and most times this happens when the amount is huge.

Well so far since I started using CRP Crypton and also since I come on Utopia p2p ecosystem I haven’t heard anyone complain about losing funds on their CRP.

#33 2023-02-02 21:41:09

JONSNOWING

KingCRP;4434 wrote:
Kelechi;4426 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4404 wrote:

Well so far since I started using CRP Crypton and also since I come on Utopia p2p ecosystem I haven’t heard anyone complain about losing funds on their CRP.

Same here and one of CRP Crypton less talked about simplicity is the easy to transfer it especially on uWallet to Crypton Exchange that has been probably my easiest transfer since I started using Cryptocurrency.

#34 2023-02-03 15:29:49

Kelechi

JONSNOWING;4440 wrote:
KingCRP;4434 wrote:
Kelechi;4426 wrote:

Same here and one of CRP Crypton less talked about simplicity is the easy to transfer it especially on uWallet to Crypton Exchange that has been probably my easiest transfer since I started using Cryptocurrency.

Well how congested is the traffic of CRP Crypton transactions? I don't think it would be so much congested that's due to low transactions rate, although I am a strong believer of CRP but I believe time would tell.

#35 2023-02-03 17:20:54

KingCRP

Kelechi;4490 wrote:
JONSNOWING;4440 wrote:
KingCRP;4434 wrote:

Well how congested is the traffic of CRP Crypton transactions? I don't think it would be so much congested that's due to low transactions rate, although I am a strong believer of CRP but I believe time would tell.

Yes some time why transactions are delayed is probably due to the amount of transactions being made but this is not an often challenge and I believe even if the traffic is much on CRP Crypton transactions it won’t been so much affected.

#36 2023-02-04 21:42:24

JONSNOWING

And you won't loose your CRP Crypton here in Utopia's ecosystem. Anyone who has ever played around with CRP Crypton transactions would know that loosing CRP isn't often.

#37 2023-02-04 22:21:49

joanna

JONSNOWING;4696 wrote:

And you won't loose your CRP Crypton here in Utopia's ecosystem. Anyone who has ever played around with CRP Crypton transactions would know that loosing CRP isn't often.

Yes, losing the CRP coin is something I haven't seen any use of the Utopia p2p ecosystem claim it happens to him. However, it is better to view recipient's address if it is intact before payment any crypto payment.

#38 2023-02-04 22:28:34

level

JONSNOWING;4440 wrote:

Crypton coin transaction confirmation is always instant and 2 seconds max but it some exchange sites like LBank, CoinTiger, etc. always require at least 12 confirmations to deposit the CRP coin send into the user account.

#39 2023-02-04 22:37:54

thrive

KingCRP;4509 wrote:
Kelechi;4490 wrote:
JONSNOWING;4440 wrote:

Yes some time why transactions are delayed is probably due to the amount of transactions being made but this is not an often challenge and I believe even if the traffic is much on CRP Crypton transactions it won’t been so much affected.

Crypton coin transaction was built with advanced potential which will prevent them from network congestion and each transaction confirmation on Utopia p2p blockchain will always be 2 seconds max.

#40 2023-02-06 19:59:40

Dozie

thrive;4709 wrote:
KingCRP;4509 wrote:
Kelechi;4490 wrote:

Crypton coin transaction was built with advanced potential which will prevent them from network congestion and each transaction confirmation on Utopia p2p blockchain will always be 2 seconds max.

Well we can only first put it to the test, for now there isn't much transactions that is happening on the Crypton network let's see how it does when there is large transactions.

#41 2023-02-06 20:08:07

CrytoCynthia

The Utopia p2p blockchain is built differently than any other blockchain, I don’t care the amount of traffic it gets the Utopia p2p network won’t malfunction.

#42 2023-02-06 20:28:10

KingCRP

CrytoCynthia;4904 wrote:

The Utopia p2p blockchain is built differently than any other blockchain, I don’t care the amount of traffic it gets the Utopia p2p network won’t malfunction.

Even Bitcoin has experienced some network traffic delaying transactions time during high congestion I think no one is above it and no matter the sophistication of Utopia p2p it able to experience it.

#43 2023-02-06 20:37:43

Detroit

CrytoCynthia;4904 wrote:

I think that's a big jump there mate. Some blockchains have been existing for a very long time and they are way more efficient than utopia p2p. I'm not saying they are bad either. In fact, they are doing way better than their age. They are very impressive.

#44 2023-02-07 13:33:51

Camavinga

It is not only about CRP, but crypto in general, if you lose your coins that are in your own wallet, then it is gone forever. If you lose your coins that are in an exchange, you have a 1% chance of maybe getting paid back ~10-20% of what you lost, but the proceedings and court hearings could take years and years to be resolved, and maybe even before you get paid you have already forgotten about it. Hold your crypto well, if you lose it, it is lost forever.

#45 2023-02-07 15:49:53

KingCRP

Camavinga;4987 wrote:

It is not only about CRP, but crypto in general, if you lose your coins that are in your own wallet, then it is gone forever. If you lose your coins that are in an exchange, you have a 1% chance of maybe getting paid back ~10-20% of what you lost, but the proceedings and court hearings could take years and years to be resolved, and maybe even before you get paid you have already forgotten about it. Hold your crypto well, if you lose it, it is lost forever.

Good one mate, but what would you say about the scenario where someone who loses their funds /coin to scammers or by wrong transactions actually got them back by involving the security agencies.

#46 2023-02-07 21:14:29

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;4404 wrote:

If it is a huge amount involved, then government agencies would make attempt to make it difficult for the hackers to sell the funds and they can be traced by exchanges; they would expose your details if it is a court order.

If your funds have been moved from your wallet to a scammers own, possibility of recovery is very slim.

#47 2023-02-08 11:54:47

Camavinga

KingCRP;4996 wrote:

Good one mate, but what would you say about the scenario where someone who loses their funds /coin to scammers or by wrong transactions actually got them back by involving the security agencies.

The chances of recovery is still around 1%, first of all you cannot involve the police or security agencies if we are not talking about a huge sum of money, i am talking about millions or billions of dollars; crypto is not yet regulated in many places, so your statement to the police may just be a waste of your time. Why do you think that it is only when exchanges lose people’s money running into billions and millions that the authorities step in and try to see if the people can be paid back something, it does not mean the money will be retrieved from the hacker, because if they are smart they won’t use the money in a centralized exchange linked to them. So what the authorities do is to liquidate the company and pay a fraction of the loss back to creditors.

#48 2023-02-08 16:49:10

KAMSI_UG

That’s same thing I have personally read about people who found their scammed coin, the process is not easy especially if the scammer is a pro at what he/she does that’s why it’s important to be very careful.

#49 2023-03-14 21:56:39

KAMSI_UG

If you lose any of your cryptocurrency you chances to get them back doesn’t exist you should have to know this by now that why it’s advisable to be very care ful and be very secured.

#50 2023-03-15 18:35:22

CrytoCynthia

KAMSI_UG;5500 wrote:

If you lose any of your cryptocurrency you chances to get them back doesn’t exist you should have to know this by now that why it’s advisable to be very care ful and be very secured.

The bottom line here is be very careful in the cryptocurrency space that’s just the ABC of the whole thing. Although in some rare cases those who lost their cryptocurrency actually got them back but this is a very rare occurrence.

Board footer