uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-08 20:51:26

thrive

A Russian hacker has pleaded guilty to money laundering in connection

W3JIuSC.png
On February 7, 2023, a Russian national pleaded guilty in the United States to money laundering charges and attempted to conceal the source of funds obtained in connection with Ryuk's ransomware attacks.

Denis Mihaqlovic Dubnikov, 30, was arrested in Amsterdam in November 2021 and extradited from the Netherlands the following August. He is scheduled to be sentenced on April 11, 2023.
"Between at least August 2018 and August 2021, Dubnikov and his co-conspirators laundered the proceeds of Ryuk ransomware attacks on individuals and organizations throughout the United States and abroad," the Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Dubnikov and his accomplices are said to have engaged in various criminal schemes designed to obscure the trail of the ill-gotten proceeds.

According to DoJ, a chunk of the 250 Bitcoin ransom paid by a U.S. company in July 2019 after a Ryuk attack was sent to Dubnikov in exchange for about $400,000. The crypto was subsequently converted to Tether and transferred to a co-conspirator, who then exchanged it for the Chinese Renminbi.

In all, the parties involved in the criminal enterprise are estimated to have laundered at least $150 million in ransom payments.

Dubnikov is also the co-founder of Coyote Crypto and Eggchange, with the latter headquartered in Federation Tower East (or Vostok), a supertall skyscraper known to harbor several cryptocurrency businesses with ties to money laundering associated with ransomware operations.

According to Chainalysis, Eggchange received over $34 million worth of cryptocurrency from darknet markets, scams, fraud shops, and ransomware operators between 2019 and 2021.

Ryuk, which first emerged on the threat landscape in 2018, is attributed to a threat actor tracked as Wizard Spider and has compromised governments, academia, healthcare, manufacturing, and technology organizations worldwide.

Often delivered through first-stage malware such as TrickBot or BazarBackdoor, Ryuk is also a predecessor to the Conti ransomware, which shuttered its operations in May 2022 and splintered into smaller units.

#2 2023-03-12 14:50:46

Cat

Re: A Russian hacker has pleaded guilty to money laundering in connection

thrive;5170 wrote:

n February 7, 2023, a Russian national pleaded guilty in the United States to money laundering charges and attempted to conceal the source of funds obtained in connection with Ryuk's ransomware attacks.

Denis Mihaqlovic Dubnikov, 30, was arrested in Amsterdam in November 2021 and extradited from the Netherlands the following August. He is scheduled to be sentenced on April 11, 2023.
"Between at least August 2018 and August 2021, Dubnikov and his co-conspirators laundered the proceeds of Ryuk ransomware attacks on individuals and organizations throughout the United States and abroad," the Department of Justice (DoJ) said.

Dubnikov and his accomplices are said to have engaged in various criminal schemes designed to obscure the trail of the ill-gotten proceeds.

According to DoJ, a chunk of the 250 Bitcoin ransom paid by a U.S. company in July 2019 after a Ryuk attack was sent to Dubnikov in exchange for about $400,000. The crypto was subsequently converted to Tether and transferred to a co-conspirator, who then exchanged it for the Chinese Renminbi.

In all, the parties involved in the criminal enterprise are estimated to have laundered at least $150 million in ransom payments.

Dubnikov is also the co-founder of Coyote Crypto and Eggchange, with the latter headquartered in Federation Tower East (or Vostok), a supertall skyscraper known to harbor several cryptocurrency businesses with ties to money laundering associated with ransomware operations.

According to Chainalysis, Eggchange received over $34 million worth of cryptocurrency from darknet markets, scams, fraud shops, and ransomware operators between 2019 and 2021.

Ryuk, which first emerged on the threat landscape in 2018, is attributed to a threat actor tracked as Wizard Spider and has compromised governments, academia, healthcare, manufacturing, and technology organizations worldwide.

Often delivered through first-stage malware such as TrickBot or BazarBackdoor, Ryuk is also a predecessor to the Conti ransomware, which shuttered its operations in May 2022 and splintered into smaller units.

opyat' russkiye khakery , dazhe smeshno stanovitsya ,kogda vizhu podoobnyye novosti
auto_awesome
Возможно, вы имели в виду: опять русские хакеры , даже смешно становится ,когда вижу подробные новости
75 / 5 000
Результаты перевода
Перевод
again Russian hackers, it even becomes funny when I see such news

#3 2023-03-14 16:42:52

thrive

Cat;5345 wrote:
thrive;5170 wrote:

n February 7, 2023, a Russian national pleaded guilty in the United States to money laundering
[snip] Ryuk is also a predecessor to the Conti ransomware, which shuttered its operations in May 2022 and splintered into smaller units.

opyat' russkiye khakery , dazhe smeshno stanovitsya ,kogda vizhu podoobnyye novosti
auto_awesome
Возможно, вы имели в виду: опять русские хакеры , даже смешно становится ,когда вижу подробные новости
75 / 5 000
Результаты перевода
Перевод
again Russian hackers, it even becomes funny when I see such news

First, thanks for your contribution. English is the only language allowed in this section of the forum.
Second, Russia is not the only place where there are hackers. We have a white and black hacker. Meanwhile, the black hacker sees the habit of stealing as a hobby or game because they do it out of their curiosity and test of knowledge.

#4 2023-03-14 16:48:38

Cat

apologies for the language other than English . It was an accidental copying, I sometimes use a translator to formulate a sentence more accurately. But in this case I was making fun of another news item about a "scary" Russian hacker. No offense to the author of the post.

thrive;5444 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Cat;5345 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>thrive;5170 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>n February 7, 2023, a Russian national pleaded guilty in the United States to money laundering <br />[snip] Ryuk is also a predecessor to the Conti ransomware, which shuttered its operations in May 2022 and splintered into smaller units.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>opyat&#039; russkiye khakery , dazhe smeshno stanovitsya ,kogda vizhu podoobnyye novosti<br />auto_awesome<br />Возможно, вы имели в виду: опять русские хакеры , даже смешно становится ,когда вижу подробные новости<br />75 / 5 000<br />Результаты перевода<br />Перевод<br />again Russian hackers, it even becomes funny when I see such news</p></div></blockquote></div><p>First, thanks for your contribution. English is the only language allowed in this section of the forum.<br />Second, Russia is not the only place where there are hackers. We have a white and black hacker. Meanwhile, the black hacker sees the habit of stealing as a hobby or game because they do it out of their curiosity and test of knowledge.</p>

apologies for the language other than English . It was an accidental copying, I sometimes use a translator to formulate a sentence more accurately. But in this case I was making fun of another news item about a "scary" Russian hacker. No offense to the author of the post.

#5 2023-03-14 23:52:38

joanna

I think every business and cryptocurrency project should practice what the UtopiaP2P ecosystem developer teams are doing by upgrade the ecosystem simultanously because this is the only way to outperform hackers because they always look for the next option to accomplish their theft aim.

#6 2023-03-15 22:53:00

full

Cat;5445 wrote:

apologies for the language other than English . It was an accidental copying, I sometimes use a translator to formulate a sentence more accurately. But in this case I was making fun of another news item about a "scary" Russian hacker. No offense to the author of the post

There's no reason for the user to be angry at you and from his statement, I read he's just trying to tell how things work on this forum since you seem to be a new user.
In the meantime, Welcome on board.

#7 2023-03-15 22:58:31

IyaJJJ

joanna;5528 wrote:

I think every business and cryptocurrency project should practice what the UtopiaP2P ecosystem developer teams are doing by upgrade the ecosystem simultanously because this is the only way to outperform hackers because they always look for the next option to accomplish their theft aim.

You have a point cause I read in the article and news section of this forum about a privacy project that was abused by some group and there's also a crypto tumbler site that was seized by Europol today which I read create a topic for it.
For a project to avoid all this the dev team have to work 24/7 on upgrade and the provision of security.

#8 2023-03-16 18:37:08

Cat

full;5637 wrote:

There's no reason for the user to be angry at you and from his statement, I read he's just trying to tell how things work on this forum since you seem to be a new user.

Thank you , how long have you been on the forum and do you like it ? I like the news section here so far, but the other sections are very good too. No one swears, which surprises me when I read other people's dialogues.

#9 2023-03-16 18:38:40

Cat

IyaJJJ;5638 wrote:

ou have a point cause I read in the article and news section of this forum about a privacy project that was abused by some group and there's also a crypto tumbler site that was seized by Europol today which I read create a topic for it.
For a project to avoid all this the dev team have to work 24/7 on upgrade and the provision of security.

The developers at utopia do a good job and respond quickly.

#10 2023-03-18 22:14:18

IyaJJJ

Cat;5666 wrote:
IyaJJJ;5638 wrote:

ou have a point cause I read in the article and news section of this forum about a privacy project that was abused by some group and there's also a crypto tumbler site that was seized by Europol today which I read create a topic for it.

Are you guys into some kind of cultist?  big_smile
Just kidding, it's easy to know that the Utopia P2P developer is giving their best to make the UtopiaP2P ecosystem the go-to place for total privacy for communication and anonymity for cryptocurrency activity.

#11 2023-03-18 22:18:29

thrive

IyaJJJ;6042 wrote:
Cat;5666 wrote:
IyaJJJ;5638 wrote:

Are you guys into some kind of cultist?  big_smile
Just kidding, it's easy to know that the Utopia P2P developer is giving their best to make the UtopiaP2P ecosystem the go-to place for total privacy for communication and anonymity for cryptocurrency activity.

I think this is to show the enthusiasm of the user of the UtopiaP2P ecosystem because people can't support a project with zeal if the project is not providing them with the needed betterment and something beneficial

#12 2023-03-19 23:35:40

full

Cat;5665 wrote:
full;5637 wrote:

Thank you , how long have you been on the forum and do you like it ? I like the news section here so far, but the other sections are very good too. No one swears, which surprises me when I read other people's dialogues.

I registered my account early this year that's 06-01-2023. There's no board that good it only depends on the board that you're good to associate and interact with the discussion.
What do you mean by swear?

#13 2023-03-19 23:39:15

joanna

IyaJJJ;5638 wrote:
joanna;5528 wrote:

You have a point cause I read in the article and news section of this forum about a privacy project that was abused by some group and there's also a crypto tumbler site that was seized by Europol today which I read create a topic for it.

meanwhile the dev team of the Utopia P2P was always working everytime and this is why it sometime hurt when i see people complain about the mobile application.

#14 2023-03-19 23:44:32

JONSNOWING

I won't want to out a stereo type on Russians but the have the world best hackers, if I where to be in Russia I would up my security on my device and my private details, I believe more Russians should get involved in Utopia p2p.

#15 2023-03-19 23:55:53

full

JONSNOWING;6181 wrote:

I won't want to out a stereo type on Russians but the have the world best hackers, if I where to be in Russia I would up my security on my device and my private details, I believe more Russians should get involved in Utopia p2p.

I think you're missing the point or don't understand fully the things about hackers because ever since the 19S the Arab national has the best hackers and we have some country there where it's not illegal to hack but if you catch you're on your own.

#16 2023-03-19 23:56:56

joanna

full;6188 wrote:
JONSNOWING;6181 wrote:

I think you're missing the point or don't understand fully the things about hackers because ever since the 19S the Arab national has the best hackers and we have some country there where it's not illegal to hack but if you catch you're on your own.

i dont know who is right among you guys but i am sure that the Russian focus on military activites but the hacking i dont know.

#17 2023-03-20 08:02:23

Cat

JONSNOWING;6181 wrote:

<p>I won&#039;t want to out a stereo type on Russians but the have the world best hackers, if I where to be in Russia I would up my security on my device and my private details, I believe more Russians should get involved in Utopia p2p.</p>

Russian hackers only steal steem accounts from Russians)))

#18 2023-03-20 08:03:24

Cat

full;6188 wrote:

I think China has the best hackers.

Board footer