uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-03-03 13:39:06

Cromanes

Re: No option to connect Utopia p2p account to an email

Kelechi;2273 wrote:

It's not a new thing that ecosystem of Utopia p2p is an escape form surveillance, censorship and data leakage. I have noticed that through emails many people has actually lots Their account so I understand the decision from Utopia p2p.

But still I think that yes Utopia is as anonymous as possible, but not completely as you leave electronic traces. That is, all your actions are recorded in the blockchain of utopia. And I think in the future there will be a trend of clearing blockchain history such as utopia.

#52 2023-03-03 13:42:42

Cromanes

Detroit;2286 wrote:

u

Detroit;2286 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>KAMSI_UG;2266 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Well in as much as there is no email linked to the creation of The Utopia application. Every account has their unique public key and they public keep may help in the recovery of the account, but and addiction of an email would be really helpful if you ask me</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Thank you very much for this reply and answer, i also believe that because UTOPIA is a decentralized project they do not see any need for email address, KYC and phone numbers, requesting all of these would make it centralized, and UTOPIA is decentralized, so i think the reason is clearer now, and the people who use decentralized platforms have to be more careful and make sure they do not make mistakes or lose their account, because recovery may be difficult than in centralized platforms.</p>

Yes it is possible to make a non-anonymous decentralization which will be in some ways better than the anonymous ones. Not everyone needs anonymity, everyone needs more of a lack of control over themselves.  Where your actions were not recorded by a human, but by a machine that is not inherently human. The same data forgery, but so far it's a distant joyful utopia. Ouch. I hope I didn't break through 4 walls.)))

#53 2023-03-03 13:44:09

Cromanes

Lanistergame2;2297 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Detroit;2286 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>KAMSI_UG;2266 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Well in as much as there is no email linked to the creation of The Utopia application. Every account has their unique public key and they public keep may help in the recovery of the account, but and addiction of an email would be really helpful if you ask me</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Thank you very much for this reply and answer, i also believe that because UTOPIA is a decentralized project they do not see any need for email address, KYC and phone numbers, requesting all of these would make it centralized, and UTOPIA is decentralized, so i think the reason is clearer now, and the people who use decentralized platforms have to be more careful and make sure they do not make mistakes or lose their account, because recovery may be difficult than in centralized platforms.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Or maybe they want to create their own email in the ecosystem, Utopia p2p is more like an ecosystem where they have so much in it and all of it is to protect it&#039;s community, I don&#039;t know the mind of the team, but either ways the fact still remains privacy, anonymity and security is important to Utopia p2p.</p>

It's all there. You can just do it yourself or become well acquainted with the possibilities of Utopia.

#54 2023-03-03 13:47:16

Cromanes

crpuusd;2298 wrote:

According to the Utopia p2p theory, the ecosystem use no third parties service or equipment which I believe email is also include, and when we talk about privacy provision of email address break the rule of privacy.
For other social media, the Utopia ecosystem has nothing to do with it.

Well, that's hard to believe. Still, utopia is officially registered somewhere, or there is a legal entity behind it that advocates utopia. But it still can't use everything for itself. She would have to use the same services of commercial companies, but only possibly hide her activities, well, I can't say for sure.

But what you wrote. In practice it is not so, for it is not possible.

#55 2023-03-03 13:48:47

Cromanes

Kelechi;2307 wrote:

Well it won't be like any other email, if you also noticed there is already a service called UMail on the Utopia's application so that's to say they have an interest in that direction.

But so far so useless. In three years of using Utopia, I have never used it. For they have much more interesting and convenient tools.

#56 2023-03-05 21:52:16

CrytoCynthia

Cromanes;5280 wrote:
Kelechi;2307 wrote:

Well it won't be like any other email, if you also noticed there is already a service called UMail on the Utopia's application so that's to say they have an interest in that direction.

But so far so useless. In three years of using Utopia, I have never used it. For they have much more interesting and convenient tools.

What are you guys talking about? If it’s about connecting your uTalk to your email I think that goes against everything that Utopia p2p stands for and it would expose many to invasion.

#57 2023-03-11 18:48:35

IyaJJJ

CrytoCynthia;5286 wrote:
Cromanes;5280 wrote:
Kelechi;2307 wrote:

What are you guys talking about? If it’s about connecting your uTalk to your email I think that goes against everything that Utopia p2p stands for and it would expose many to invasion.

The idea of people connecting an email to their uTalk or UtopiaP2P application client can happen since the ecosystem allow the mirror of website on their ecosystem. 

#58 2023-03-11 22:14:45

thrive

IyaJJJ;5318 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5286 wrote:
Cromanes;5280 wrote:

The idea of people connecting an email to their uTalk or UtopiaP2P application client can happen since the ecosystem allow the mirror of website on their ecosystem. 

I wonder why you said the ability to connect email with the UtopiaP2P account is possible when it's against the privacy provision in the manifesto of the UtopiaP2P ecosystem. I will be happy if you explain how that will works.

#59 2023-03-15 07:43:44

Camavinga

IyaJJJ;5318 wrote:

It cannot happen, it only happens if the ecosystem is centralized. Utopia is a decentralized ecosystem and so email and kyc informations are not necessary before someone can join in the network. When you were registering your uTalk account i am sure you did that without an email address, so why do you say the ecosystem makes use of email connection, when you have an experience that it does not.

#60 2023-03-15 13:39:09

Lanistergame2

At this point in the growth of the utopia system, more people should have understood how decentralization and privacy works. A privacy inclined platform does not need you to submit personal information which would be vetted by a regulatory body, it does not even have such a body.

Email verification, KYC, etc are not part of the system. You act as your own central authority.

#61 2023-03-15 13:52:26

Detroit

The idea of not having an email to regenerate your password or welcome back your account is a good one. 
But the downside of this thing is that once the account is lost,  it's gone for good.  There's no redemption or help anywhere.

#62 2023-03-15 18:33:59

Cat

Detroit;3733 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>KingCRP;3729 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>I don’t think we need to connect this forum to email be it Google mail or yahoo mail, but can only control the decentralized nature of its ecosystem and not on other platforms.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>They need to be away to get back our accounts if we forget our passwords. <br />Do you know any way we can recover our lost accounts on this forum without mail? Please share with us.</p>

it is certainly more convenient, but anonymity is lost

#63 2023-03-15 19:09:21

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;5546 wrote:

The idea of not having an email to regenerate your password or welcome back your account is a good one. 
But the downside of this thing is that once the account is lost,  it's gone for good.  There's no redemption or help anywhere.

It’s not a downside if you are actually the careful type of person, all you need to do is store and save your username and password that’s all, I can also suggest that if there is a way for the forum to have its own mail I think it would be more secured that way.

#64 2023-03-15 19:10:54

CrytoCynthia

KAMSI_UG;5583 wrote:
Detroit;5546 wrote:

It’s not a downside if you are actually the careful type of person, all you need to do is store and save your username and password that’s all, I can also suggest that if there is a way for the forum to have its own mail I think it would be more secured that way.

Utopia p2p already has its own mail and that’s uMail. Your UMAIL can be linked to your Crypton exchange account and get messages when ever a transaction is made but I don’t know if it’s possible to link it to your uTalk account.

#65 2023-03-15 19:48:05

KingCRP

CrytoCynthia;5585 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5583 wrote:
Detroit;5546 wrote:

Utopia p2p already has its own mail and that’s uMail. Your UMAIL can be linked to your Crypton exchange account and get messages when ever a transaction is made but I don’t know if it’s possible to link it to your uTalk account.

Yea I know about a persons Crypton account being connected to their UMAIL but I am certain you can connect your uTalk account to your UMAIL. Maybe the team would look into this some day.

#66 2023-03-16 18:33:15

Cat

KingCRP;5595 wrote:

Yea I know about a persons Crypton account being connected to their UMAIL but I am certain you can connect your uTalk account to your UMAIL. Maybe the team would look into this some day.

I think that in the near future. After all, it's a very good idea.

#67 2023-03-17 18:28:52

Lanistergame2

CrytoCynthia;5585 wrote:

Not possible at the moment and not really necessary if you ask me.

uTalk is functioning fine without the option to link an email to your account, all we need is a means of identifying users who may lose access t their accounts and need a way to prove ownership when logged into a different aaccount.

#68 2023-03-17 18:36:13

Camavinga

Detroit;5546 wrote:

Everything has an advantage and also a disadvantage, the absence of email makes it very difficult to recover accounts, but that is why we are in a decentralized ecosystem, for people to be educated on how to safeguard their accounts by themselves and not depend on support to come to their aid, if someone cannot handle the responsibilities in decentralized systems, then they have to try centralized ecosystems.

#69 2023-03-17 21:06:11

Detroit

Camavinga;5816 wrote:
Detroit;5546 wrote:

Everything has an advantage and also a disadvantage, the absence of email makes it very difficult to recover accounts, but that is why we are in a decentralized ecosystem, for people to be educated on how to safeguard their accounts by themselves and not depend on support to come to their aid, if someone cannot handle the responsibilities in decentralized systems, then they have to try centralized ecosystems.

Yeah, I totally agree with you.  But you will agree with me that safeguarding passwords is actually a huge hassle.  You stand the chance to forget it or in cases where you have a loss of memory. Also,  keeping it in a book and storing it stands a chance of getting displaced or stolen.  The point is that risks are everywhere.

#70 2023-03-17 22:44:02

Kelechi

I don't see how you use a password that you may be prone to forget, although the case of forgetting your password exist but try to self a complicated password that is Only visible to you.

#71 2023-03-18 03:40:12

oba

Lanistergame2;5813 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5585 wrote:

Not possible at the moment and not really necessary if you ask me.

uTalk is functioning fine without the option to link an email to your account, all we need is a means of identifying users who may lose access t their accounts and need a way to prove ownership when logged into a different aaccount.

uMail is not actually linked to the Crypton Exchange, it's the uWallet public keys that were linked to the exchange but UtopiaP2P has a transaction notification for each outbound or inbound transaction received by the wallet. Is like setting up a transaction notification bot for a certain wallet just through the Public key.

#72 2023-03-18 07:36:04

Camavinga

Kelechi;5911 wrote:

I don't see how you use a password that you may be prone to forget, although the case of forgetting your password exist but try to self a complicated password that is Only visible to you.

Forgetting passwords can happen to anyone, if you use simple passwords you would not forget it, but that account would be easy to hack, hackers can even brute force it. Using strong passwords is the right thing to do, but you can forget it easily, that is why you should not even try to memorize it, just write it on a sheet of paper, or you use open source password managers to save your passwords, and you can always retrieve it there whenever you need them.

#73 2023-03-18 12:41:11

Lanistergame2

oba;5931 wrote:

uMail is not actually linked to the Crypton Exchange, it's the uWallet public keys that were linked to the exchange but UtopiaP2P has a transaction notification for each outbound or inbound transaction received by the wallet. Is like setting up a transaction notification bot for a certain wallet just through the Public key.

I am aware of how the Crypton exchange works and was not referring to that. I was instead referring to the forum here and how we do not need an email link to profiles when another more private alternative like public keys exist.

Utopia is functioning great as a private platform.

#74 2023-03-18 14:36:21

Cat

Lanistergame2;5952 wrote:

I am aware of how the Crypton exchange works and was not referring to that. I was instead referring to the forum here and how we do not need an email link to profiles when another more private alternative like public keys exist.

Utopia is functioning great as a private platform.

but what is missing is the possibility that if the account is lost, it can be recovered via a public key.

#75 2023-03-18 16:41:02

Detroit

Camavinga;5935 wrote:
Kelechi;5911 wrote:

Forgetting passwords can happen to anyone, if you use simple passwords you would not forget it, but that account would be easy to hack, hackers can even brute force it. Using strong passwords is the right thing to do, but you can forget it easily, that is why you should not even try to memorize it, just write it on a sheet of paper, or you use open source password managers to save your passwords, and you can always retrieve it there whenever you need them.

Using an open-source password manager to save passwords seems to be risky.  what if the system gets compromised both by hackers or an insider decodes to sell out some pieces of information to another party?

Board footer