uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-03-15 18:47:12

Detroit

Re: what happens if CRP is lost

KAMSI_UG;5500 wrote:

If you lose any of your cryptocurrency you chances to get them back doesn’t exist you should have to know this by now that why it’s advisable to be very care ful and be very secured.

Whenever I remember how cryptocurrency can not be recovered once lost I get chest pain knowing that if I should lose my seed phase my money is gone for good. It's really a hard truth to live with.

#52 2023-03-16 19:33:10

Lanistergame2

Detroit;5576 wrote:

Whenever I remember how cryptocurrency can not be recovered once lost I get chest pain knowing that if I should lose my seed phase my money is gone for good. It's really a hard truth to live with.

It is a hard one to live with but also a very easy situation to avoid, one only needs to know how backups work and understand how to securely store their assets.

If you have keep backups of your seedphrase in secure location,
Triple check addresses when making a transaction,
Use hardware wallets and never share sensitive information, then you would not lose your assets.

#53 2023-03-16 19:43:29

Detroit

Lanistergame2;5688 wrote:
Detroit;5576 wrote:

It is a hard one to live with but also a very easy situation to avoid, one only needs to know how backups work and understand how to securely store their assets.

If you have keep backups of your seedphrase in secure location,
Triple check addresses when making a transaction,
Use hardware wallets and never share sensitive information, then you would not lose your assets.

I have been thinking about this for a while, is it idea to save your seed phase in your email which is also backed up by another email??
The email being backed up by smother email will make it much more difficult to hack if you ask me. But what's your opinion on it?

#54 2023-03-16 21:24:06

Kelechi

Detroit;5576 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5500 wrote:

If you lose any of your cryptocurrency you chances to get them back doesn’t exist you should have to know this by now that why it’s advisable to be very care ful and be very secured.

Well you don't have to worry much so long as you are doing the right thing, make sure to keep your seed phase and also you password safely.

#55 2023-03-17 19:14:07

Camavinga

Detroit;5699 wrote:

I have been thinking about this for a while, is it idea to save your seed phase in your email which is also backed up by another email??
The email being backed up by smother email will make it much more difficult to hack if you ask me. But what's your opinion on it?

Do not keep your seed phrase on any email, you are going to lose it eventually. You should not keep your seed phrase anywhere that is online. Your seed phrase should be kept offline, do not overthink about it, just write it down and keep it somewhere safe, if you have other safe locations you can duplicate it and keep it in more than one place, but never in your email or icloud or your phone notebook, etc.

#56 2023-03-17 19:16:42

CrytoCynthia

It’s a crazy idea to keep your seed phrase on your Email, many people make this mistakes and are very likely to fall into the traps of scammers, I believe the best way is writing them down at your safest places.

#57 2023-03-17 19:40:19

Kelechi

CrytoCynthia;5827 wrote:

It’s a crazy idea to keep your seed phrase on your Email, many people make this mistakes and are very likely to fall into the traps of scammers, I believe the best way is writing them down at your safest places.

Well some people have different reason for opening an email some have an email they only use to store things and although I am not saying it's safe but it's been working for many.

#58 2023-03-17 23:37:33

full

Kelechi;5722 wrote:
Detroit;5576 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;5500 wrote:

Well you don't have to worry much so long as you are doing the right thing, make sure to keep your seed phase and also you password safely.

I'm not sure that there's no need for people not to worry since they didn't take the rightful precaution when they ought to which is before making a transaction by rechecking the recipient's address and avoiding human error that will expose their wallet to theft.

#59 2023-03-18 21:17:02

KAMSI_UG

If by chance you lose your cryptocurrency probably to scammers or you wrongly sent it own to an unknown person, the best thing to do in such situation is to first learn from your mistakes this is very important.

#60 2023-03-18 23:12:12

IyaJJJ

full;5930 wrote:
Kelechi;5722 wrote:
Detroit;5576 wrote:

I'm not sure that there's no need for people not to worry since they didn't take the rightful precaution when they ought to which is before making a transaction by rechecking the recipient's address and avoiding human error that will expose their wallet to theft.

You guys all have a point and I also suggest there's a need for users to be worried sometimes because the worry always creates the feeling of take precaution

#61 2023-03-18 23:16:55

level

KAMSI_UG;6017 wrote:

If by chance you lose your cryptocurrency probably to scammers or you wrongly sent it own to an unknown person, the best thing to do in such situation is to first learn from your mistakes this is very important.

learning from mistakes is a good thing at least it will increase the experience and knowledge of individuals but I don't think there's a chance of sending transactions to the wrong person on the Utopia ecosystem.

#62 2023-03-19 20:05:18

CrytoCynthia

level;6054 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;6017 wrote:

learning from mistakes is a good thing at least it will increase the experience and knowledge of individuals but I don't think there's a chance of sending transactions to the wrong person on the Utopia ecosystem.

Some people find it hard to actually learn from their mistakes the still find a way to go on making that same mistakes and that’s why people repeatedly keeps losing their funds to scams

#63 2023-05-22 19:54:38

Comrade

This life won't be beautiful if its wasn't for risk. Imagine a billions dollar Air Plane built to fly up a distances where its unsurvivable if its crash. You can't board the plane free of charge right? The same spirit that drives our desire to want to fly around the world should be apply whenever making a decision.

#64 2023-05-23 21:18:26

JONSNOWING

CrytoCynthia;6101 wrote:
level;6054 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;6017 wrote:

Some people find it hard to actually learn from their mistakes the still find a way to go on making that same mistakes and that’s why people repeatedly keeps losing their funds to scams

Aside scams, someone can also loss a mobile or desktop that contains their CRP account. And it can be lost if the password to the account is forgotten. My advice is individual measures to always be cautious on handling of passwords and anything that would bring about scams should be avoided

#65 2023-05-23 22:47:34

Detroit

Arguably, the safest way to store crypto is a hardware wallet. But as Marie explains, the effectiveness of cold storage depends on its careful use. “Hardware wallets are physical devices that securely store the private keys to your cryptocurrency addresses offline.

#66 2023-05-23 23:28:51

CrytoCynthia

Well firstly why should you lose any coin regardless of the fact that it's CRP crypton or any other coin I think it's a big mistake and such mistake is very hard to reverse.

#67 2023-05-25 20:53:14

Europ

Detroit;9959 wrote:

Arguably, the safest way to store crypto is a hardware wallet. But as Marie explains, the effectiveness of cold storage depends on its careful use. “Hardware wallets are physical devices that securely store the private keys to your cryptocurrency addresses offline.

Thats and untraceable coin that is good to go and last as long as possible, its a bank at hand. As Utopia provides and online secured uwalllet  we can assured our safety is covered.

#68 2023-05-25 22:40:05

CrytoCynthia

It's very simple of your CRP crypton get Lost then that's that, in other to prevent thjs you have to be careful on making payments, also protect you wallet and device very well, I hope we don't lose our funds

#69 2023-05-26 17:44:38

JONSNOWING

But I think there should be a way to retrieve a lost wallet or forgotten password because I can only but imagine the lost on not only Crypton but also other cryptocurrencies as a result of lost device

#70 2023-05-27 19:11:16

Comrade

JONSNOWING;10191 wrote:

But I think there should be a way to retrieve a lost wallet or forgotten password because I can only but imagine the lost on not only Crypton but also other cryptocurrencies as a result of lost device

Retrieving your password you will to check for the recovery tools and i must say this out of the mistake i made not quite long , is that creating a wallet without  joting your password in a somewhere else has result to lost of fund, account, services and more. Always pen every password in one book stored for future use and retrieval.

#71 2023-05-27 19:50:15

KingCRP

If in any happening your lost your CRP or any cryptocurrency just try your best to learn from that mistake because it would be very hard to recover the lost funds.

#72 2023-05-27 20:42:54

full

JONSNOWING;10191 wrote:

This was once a suggestion by the Utopia P2P community long ago and it's already fixed by the developer team.

#73 2023-05-27 20:58:15

IyaJJJ

Comrade;10295 wrote:
JONSNOWING;10191 wrote:

Retrieving your password you will to check for the recovery tools and i must say this out of the mistake i made not quite long , is that creating a wallet without  joting your password in a somewhere else has result to lost of fund, account, services and more. Always pen every password in one book stored for future use and retrieval.

If this conversation as the topic says was about CRP coin wallet then the password is not what you need to retrive your uWallet because you can retrive your wallet with the use of seed and backup phrase.

#74 2023-05-27 21:03:07

joanna

full;10354 wrote:
JONSNOWING;10191 wrote:

This was once a suggestion by the Utopia P2P community long ago and it's already fixed by the developer team.

That's true. The UtopiaP2P appliction now supported passphrase and wallet seeds instead of the Encrypted container that was only introduced before.

#75 2023-05-27 21:47:28

CrytoCynthia

Well here is an advice, don't leave you CRP crypton lieing in an exchange when you Are not in use of it, also always check the Wallet address again before sending.

Board footer