thrive

Re: Let's have a sport board

Lanistergame2;5803 wrote:

Champions league quarter final draws are in;
Chelsea vs Real Madrid
Manchester City vs Bayern
Napoli vs AC Milan
Napoli vs Benfica

Lots of action to look forward to. My fixture of the round is the English Champions vs the German Champions. Pep Guardiola faces his former club Bayern in what should be a tightly contested match up.

This year's Champion league quarter-final is like a hot seat for Chelsea and Manchester City because the chance of the two teams moving to the next level is slim but if Manchester City want to rewrite their history and shows the fans they mean what they said some weeks ago when they said their focus was on Champion league they need to win this match.

#352 2023-03-17 21:14:18

IyaJJJ

CrytoCynthia;5821 wrote:

It’s a very interesting line up for this years UEFA champions league and I see a great show down here guys. Although it’s sad for Chelsea fans as their team is in the hardest wing of the draws. If they manage to win real Madrid they face a hard task in the person of either Bayern Munich or Manchester city.

Speaking of Chelsea being in the hardest wing of the draw. I do not see them making it to the next leg unless they do the unthinkable put in their best and make every chance they see count.

#353 2023-03-17 21:17:09

KingCRP

IyaJJJ;5875 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5821 wrote:

It’s a very interesting line up for this years UEFA champions league and I see a great show down here guys. Although it’s sad for Chelsea fans as their team is in the hardest wing of the draws. If they manage to win real Madrid they face a hard task in the person of either Bayern Munich or Manchester city.

Speaking of Chelsea being in the hardest wing of the draw. I do not see them making it to the next leg unless they do the unthinkable put in their best and make every chance they see count.

The draw has been made difficult for Chelsea but let’s not forget fire makes gold. It’s this sort of test that creates champions and if the find a way to survive they could just be champions of the UCL.

#354 2023-03-17 21:18:03

joanna

Camavinga;5823 wrote:

The toughest game in this champions league draw is City v Bayern, it is unpredictable, though i think Bayern may be the favorites. Pep is returning to his former club, and Cancelo is also returning to play against his former club, eveb though he is on loan, it will be interesting. The two clubs will not be happy that they are facing themselves, they would have like to face the weaker teams like Inter and Ac milan, but now only one of City and Bayern can go through.

Bayern may be the favorite or Bayern is the people's favorite base on the performance in their previous game and how they are always hungry for goals.
I can't wait to watch the match and see the team that turns out to be the best.

#355 2023-03-17 21:23:20

Detroit

I see Manchester city taking this Champions league cup home. They have tried and they deserve it. We know   Bayern is doing well also but we need Manchester City to take the title.

#356 2023-03-17 22:18:37

Kelechi

Detroit;5882 wrote:

I see Manchester city taking this Champions league cup home. They have tried and they deserve it. We know   Bayern is doing well also but we need Manchester City to take the title.

Well I stand to differ I don't see in any way how Manchester city would win the UEFA champions league, I also don't think the would beat Bayern Munich in their next  UEFA champions league match .

#357 2023-03-17 22:31:59

JONSNOWING

Bayern faces Manchester city. I believe pep guadiola has some game plans to execute as be was a former coach of Bayern Munich. So I can wait for the great show down and how each coach would approach the game.

#358 2023-03-17 22:46:10

Kelechi

Currently Manchester city has the player capacity to light up Bayern Munich. Although I want to stay neutral I believe that Bayern Munich has a better chances.

#359 2023-03-17 22:58:59

JONSNOWING

Well the Manchester city and Bayern Munich is the most anticipated and would be the most watched game with the UCL although I don't think the winners of this matches wins the rounds

#360 2023-03-18 08:50:12

Camavinga

The Fa cup resumes today and City are going to face Burnley in the quarter final today at the Etihad, Vincent Kompany the former City captain and legend is now the Burnley coach and he has been doing so well as Burnley are soon going to be promoted back to the EPL. Kompany returns to the Etihad today to face his old club, it will be an emotional return, and i think his team can win.

#361 2023-03-18 12:35:42

oba

Camavinga;5943 wrote:

The Fa cup resumes today and City are going to face Burnley in the quarter final today at the Etihad, Vincent Kompany the former City captain and legend is now the Burnley coach and he has been doing so well as Burnley are soon going to be promoted back to the EPL. Kompany returns to the Etihad today to face his old club, it will be an emotional return, and i think his team can win.

Today's match between Manchester City and Burnley will make Kompany feel at home while he also teaches his Burnley players the tactics of Manchester city since he's one of the club's backbones when he plays for them but I believe Manchester City will defeat them.

#362 2023-03-18 16:51:48

CrytoCynthia

oba;5950 wrote:
Camavinga;5943 wrote:

Today's match between Manchester City and Burnley will make Kompany feel at home while he also teaches his Burnley players the tactics of Manchester city since he's one of the club's backbones when he plays for them but I believe Manchester City will defeat them.

Well as we have seen all pep guadiola’s wardens has been doing well in the coaching business and I believe that Vincent Kompany would also do very well, but I am sure Manchester city would defeat them.

#363 2023-03-18 17:35:37

Lanistergame2

thrive;5874 wrote:

This year's Champion league quarter-final is like a hot seat for Chelsea and Manchester City because the chance of the two teams moving to the next level is slim but if Manchester City want to rewrite their history and shows the fans they mean what they said some weeks ago when they said their focus was on Champion league they need to win this match.

At this stage in the competition, the draw does not matter much cause any team is a potential banana peel, even the ones with lower ratings. We have seen Villareal and Ajax knock out giants of the game like Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.

Every team is in a hot seat and would have to give it their all if they are to progress to the next round of the competition.

#364 2023-03-18 18:47:33

KingCRP

Chelsea has finally broken the deadlock and are up by one goal in their home. I have to be honest Chelsea has been playing some exciting football recently and are gradually Bagging the wins

#365 2023-03-18 18:58:14

Detroit

Kelechi;5903 wrote:
Detroit;5882 wrote:

Well I stand to differ I don't see in any way how Manchester city would win the UEFA champions league, I also don't think the would beat Bayern Munich in their next  UEFA champions league match .

Bayern Munich maybe a tough ass to beat but that is nothing compared to the hunger and desire Manchester city have for this Champions league title. They need it and they will get it.  I don't see anything team stopping them.

#366 2023-03-18 19:01:27

Detroit

KingCRP;5981 wrote:

Chelsea has finally broken the deadlock and are up by one goal in their home. I have to be honest Chelsea has been playing some exciting football recently and are gradually Bagging the wins

They are really strolling around greatness and belly for them. My problem is that they are doing it at the strongest time. Manchester City is here to take that title home whether they like it or not. Anyway, let the best team win.

#367 2023-03-18 19:03:55

Kelechi

Chelsea hasn't been playing impressive football they have just been very lucky to be winning games although I think luck can also take them far but I don't see Chelsea as a threat to any big team.

#368 2023-03-18 19:11:08

Detroit

Kelechi;5990 wrote:

Chelsea hasn't been playing impressive football they have just been very lucky to be winning games although I think luck can also take them far but I don't see Chelsea as a threat to any big team.

I don't see it as being lucky, mate. They have worked off their ass to get where they are today.  so I suggest you don't belittle thier efforts and hard work as merely "luck" as you called it to be.  I also think there is still room for improvement for them.

#369 2023-03-18 20:14:07

CrytoCynthia

And again today Chelsea has been sent to their factory setting, it was a fun ride for them while it lasted but now they are back to reality and with Real Madrid facing them soon it won’t be easy for the blues.

#370 2023-03-18 20:38:10

KingCRP

I knew it was going to be a tough game for Chelsea as Everton won’t want to be a push over in the match. I must really appreciate the resolve of Everton they fought really hard for the draw.

#371 2023-03-18 20:55:41

KAMSI_UG

KingCRP;6003 wrote:

I knew it was going to be a tough game for Chelsea as Everton won’t want to be a push over in the match. I must really appreciate the resolve of Everton they fought really hard for the draw.

How about Manchester City match guys? Who else thinks Erling Haaland can’t be stopped. He has now scored eight goals in just two games. And he is now 40 plus for the season.

#372 2023-03-18 21:27:49

Kelechi

I must say I am impressed with haaland today than j was impressed with him midweek, his goals today are more technical and difficult than the UCL.

#373 2023-03-18 21:43:50

JONSNOWING

Thierry Henry was very correct about erling haaland, he is truly a goal scoring king. He is probably going to win the balloon d'or some day. Although I want him to also rise for Manchester city in very difficult games.

#374 2023-03-18 22:06:45

KAMSI_UG

Antonio Conte was really in pained after his team bottles a three goals to one lead they had over Southampton and he even lashed out on the owners of the north London club.

#375 2023-03-18 22:43:34

JONSNOWING

KAMSI_UG;6039 wrote:

Antonio Conte was really in pained after his team bottles a three goals to one lead they had over Southampton and he even lashed out on the owners of the north London club.

Well I really don't understand the reason for his outburst, this is his team and he is in charge and the tried in the market window so I don't see any reason for Antonio Conte complaints right now.

Board footer