uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-18 13:27:22

Cat

A cryptocurrency wallet prototype has been discovered in Microsoft Edg

A cryptocurrency wallet prototype has been discovered in Microsoft Edge browser code.

A software researcher from central Europe under the pseudonym Albacore reported that he discovered code in Microsoft Edge browser code to integrate a non-castodial cryptocurrency wallet.
Screenshots provided by the researcher show the cryptocurrency wallet's user interface, decentralised app shop and news feed service. The wallet's interface shows cryptocurrency purchase features through the Coinbase exchange and MoonPay service. Albacore noted that all functionality is already built into the latest versions of the Microsoft Edge browser, but for now the cryptocurrency wallet is hidden from users.

The researcher stressed that Microsoft developers often test various features, but by no means always does this code make its way into release versions:

"The Edge browser team is constantly adding all sorts of features and looking at their acceptance. You could say they throw a baby in the water and see if it swims out. The list of various features they've added but ended up removing is quite long."

That said, Albacore wrote that all of the cryptocurrency wallet functionality is quite workable. That is, Microsoft developers are already ready to launch full cryptocurrency support in their browser. The researcher believes that the developers are going to add functionality to Edge similar to the Web3-centric Brave browser.

"I think they are assessing whether features similar to the Brave browser will be demanded by users," Albacore concluded.

Microsoft has not confirmed the availability of cryptocurrency wallet functionality in the Edge browser. The company's representative stressed that developers are constantly testing new features and functions.

Recall that one of the most popular browsers with built-in cryptocurrency wallet remains Opera. At the end of last year, the developers added the ability to issue NFTs directly in the browser.

#2 2023-03-18 20:47:45

thrive

Re: A cryptocurrency wallet prototype has been discovered in Microsoft Edg

This is no longer a piece of news from my own point of point o view because Microsoft Edge has announced its plan for a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet. Although the code maybe already available while they are planning on setting a date for the official release.

#3 2023-03-18 20:52:11

IyaJJJ

First, it was the Opera browser that introduced non-custodial cryptocurrency and now the Edge Microsoft browser is going to be next.
This is all good news but I don't see any reason for someone like myself to make use of the wallet because web wallets are always vulnerable to attack.

#4 2023-03-19 09:02:39

Cat

thrive;6006 wrote:

This is no longer a piece of news from my own point of point o view because Microsoft Edge has announced its plan for a non-custodial cryptocurrency wallet. Although the code maybe already available while they are planning on setting a date for the official release.

Apologies for the irrelevant news, this is my first post and I thought it would fit.

#5 2023-03-19 09:05:49

Cat

IyaJJJ;6009 wrote:

First, it was the Opera browser that introduced non-custodial cryptocurrency and now the Edge Microsoft browser is going to be next.
This is all good news but I don't see any reason for someone like myself to make use of the wallet because web wallets are always vulnerable to attack.

The fact that cryptocurrency is starting to be actively used is a good thing. But you're right, I don't think many people will use this wallet, though if only for quick purchases or "dark" schemes. Few people will store cryptocurrency there, but I'm sure in a month we'll see news that someone's wallet was hacked and it was the owner's fault because he clicked on a link or something like that.

#6 2023-03-19 20:33:09

KingCRP

I have seen such topics but from when I heard about Microsoft is venturing into cryptocurrency I actually lost interest. We have seen how unsuccessful mark Zuckerberg was when he tried his hand on cryptocurrency.

#7 2023-03-19 20:42:29

Cat

KingCRP;6114 wrote:

have seen such topics but from when I heard about Microsoft is venturing into cryptocurrency I actually lost interest. We have seen how unsuccessful mark Zuckerberg was when he tried his hand on cryptocurrency.

They are driven by greed, they want to make as much money as possible

#8 2023-03-19 23:22:28

thrive

Cat;6063 wrote:
thrive;6006 wrote:

Apologies for the irrelevant news, this is my first post and I thought it would fit.

I think you don't understand my point of view here. I am saying it longer a piece of news from my end but that doesn't mean is not news to other users of this forum that are unaware of it.

#9 2023-03-19 23:30:33

IyaJJJ

thrive;6169 wrote:
Cat;6063 wrote:
thrive;6006 wrote:

I think you don't understand my point of view here. I am saying it longer a piece of news from my end but that doesn't mean is not news to other users of this forum that are unaware of it.

That's actually true. We all have the area where we're relevant and what I know you may not know, it doesn't mean everybody has known it. In the meantime, I like to see more news about cryptocurrency and security issues.

#10 2023-03-19 23:45:19

full

Cat;6064 wrote:
IyaJJJ;6009 wrote:

The fact that cryptocurrency is starting to be actively used is a good thing. But you're right, I don't think many people will use this wallet, though if only for quick purchases or "dark" schemes. Few people will store cryptocurrency there, but I'm sure in a month we'll see news that someone's wallet was hacked and it was the owner's fault because he clicked on a link or something like that.

You guys seem not to understand that web wallet are still secure wallet and the reason why people said it's vulnerable to attack is how easy it is for an attack to penetrate to it if visit an unlawful site.

#11 2023-03-19 23:51:33

joanna

Cat;6117 wrote:
KingCRP;6114 wrote:

have seen such topics but from when I heard about Microsoft is venturing into cryptocurrency I actually lost interest. We have seen how unsuccessful mark Zuckerberg was when he tried his hand on cryptocurrency.

The issue of the unsuccessful of Mark Zuckerberg's cryptocurrency project was due to his naiveness so the case is different from the reason why Microsoft decided to pause their cryptocurrency movement.

#12 2023-03-20 01:04:31

level

joanna;6186 wrote:
Cat;6117 wrote:
KingCRP;6114 wrote:

The issue of the unsuccessful of Mark Zuckerberg's cryptocurrency project was due to his naiveness so the case is different from the reason why Microsoft decided to pause their cryptocurrency movement.

Ok. You said the reason Mark Zuckerberg's cryptocurrency project not pushing through is because of Mark's naiveness. Could explain what he's naive about?

#13 2023-03-20 07:55:54

Cat

IyaJJJ;6174 wrote:

That's actually true. We all have the area where we're relevant and what I know you may not know, it doesn't mean everybody has known it. In the meantime, I like to see more news about cryptocurrency and security issues.

I totally agree with you. On this forum I really enjoy reading articles on cyber security

#14 2023-03-20 07:58:07

Cat

full;6182 wrote:

You guys seem not to understand that web wallet are still secure wallet and the reason why people said it's vulnerable to attack is how easy it is for an attack to penetrate to it if visit an unlawful site.

I wouldn't trust a web wallet for exactly that reason. It is very easy to follow a false link and lose all your data.

#15 2023-03-20 15:50:00

joanna

level;6195 wrote:
joanna;6186 wrote:
Cat;6117 wrote:

Ok. You said the reason Mark Zuckerberg's cryptocurrency project not pushing through is because of Mark's naiveness. Could explain what he's naive about?

Thank you for asking. The government never liked the idea of cryptocurrency being the world currency. When Mark Zuckerberg will introduce his Libira crypto he claimed it was going to be a world currency, after that different government agents started to question him in court until they make him bow out.

#16 2023-03-20 18:36:13

Lanistergame2

joanna;6224 wrote:

Thank you for asking. The government never liked the idea of cryptocurrency being the world currency. When Mark Zuckerberg will introduce his Libira crypto he claimed it was going to be a world currency, after that different government agents started to question him in court until they make him bow out.

I do not think cryptocurrency users should have also liked the idea of Libra becoming the global system. Cryptos are meant to be decentralized and not controlled by one individual as Mark Zuckerburg wanted it to be. And there were so many factors that made the project to fail.

#17 2023-03-20 23:48:40

joanna

Lanistergame2;6244 wrote:
joanna;6224 wrote:

I do not think cryptocurrency users should have also liked the idea of Libra becoming the global system. Cryptos are meant to be decentralized and not controlled by one individual as Mark Zuckerburg wanted it to be. And there were so many factors that made the project to fail.

To be sincere with you, I never like the concept either because it is just like someone coming out of nowhere and planning to take over the whole cryptocurrency market because he's a billionaire.

#18 2023-03-20 23:50:51

IyaJJJ

joanna;6317 wrote:
joanna;6224 wrote:

To be sincere with you, I never like the concept either because it is just like someone coming out of nowhere and planning to take over the whole cryptocurrency market because he's a billionaire.

Would you believe this is the exact thing Mark Zuckerburg is doing with the MetaVerse, for the record Metaverse was concept was developed a long ago (i remember it was around 2017) but no cryptocurrency enthusiast pay attention or want to get involved until Mark Zuckerburg mention it.

#19 2023-03-20 23:52:51

thrive

IyaJJJ;6318 wrote:
joanna;6317 wrote:

Would you believe this is the exact thing Mark Zuckerburg is doing with the MetaVerse, for the record Metaverse was concept was developed a long ago (i remember it was around 2017) but no cryptocurrency enthusiast pay attention or want to get involved until Mark Zuckerburg mention it.

It may look like he somehow steal the idea of Metaverse from the project that first introduced it to the cryptocurrency market but he somehow created some hype for the Metaverse market and also make the crypto enthusiast sees the metaverse potential.

#20 2023-03-20 23:55:33

IyaJJJ

thrive;6319 wrote:
IyaJJJ;6318 wrote:
joanna;6317 wrote:

It may look like he somehow steal the idea of Metaverse from the project that first introduced it to the cryptocurrency market but he somehow created some hype for the Metaverse market and also make the crypto enthusiast sees the metaverse potential.

Yeah, you're right and i could all the coin of the metaverse project i participated in that time are worthless but the coin now worth more in the market now.

#21 2023-03-21 11:22:47

Cat

joanna;6224 wrote:

Can it be said that his ambition ruined him?

#22 2023-03-21 11:23:48

Cat

Quick qu

If cryptocurrency starts to be controlled, it loses its meaning.

#23 2023-03-21 23:25:14

joanna

Cat;6332 wrote:
joanna;6224 wrote:

Can it be said that his ambition ruined him?

No, his ambition doesn't ruin him. It was his naiveness because he never invited reputable people in the cryptocurrency industry for advice and guidance but all he does is seek collaboration with industry leading companies.

Board footer