uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-03-22 11:59:37

Cat

Stablecoins are a bigger threat to privacy than the digital euro Finan

Stablecoins are a bigger threat to privacy than the digital euro
Finance

Central banks have no interest in using consumers' personal data when providing digital money. European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde assures this at the Bank for International Settlements summit.
According to her, large technology companies or firms offering stablcoins are more likely to collect consumer data, and therefore their activities pose a higher privacy risk.
Digital currency will never be as anonymous and privacy-respecting as cash," she said, pointing out that the ECB is working on issuing a digital euro in Cash Plus format, which would mimic as closely as possible the level of privacy offered by cash.
Commercial banks will be the intermediaries making CBDCs such as the digital euro available to consumers. They will process consumer data, counter money laundering and ensure compliance with KYC ("know your customer") requirements. The collection and monetisation of consumer data "is not in the central bank's interest," Lagarde said.
ECB surveys have shown that privacy is one of the most pressing topics for European citizens in the wake of the digital euro. In the past, the central bank governor has tried to allay privacy concerns by assuring Europeans that the digital euro would not be used for commercial purposes.
The digital euro project is currently in the research phase, where financial institutions with which the EU central bank is cooperating are helping to build prototypes. A decision on the implementation of the digital euro is expected in October.

#2 2023-03-22 15:18:02

oba

Re: Stablecoins are a bigger threat to privacy than the digital euro Finan

There's wrong information in the area when the main author of this news said "Stablecoins are a bigger threat to privacy than the digital euro
Finance". How can that happen when the UtopiaP2P introduced UUSD.

#3 2023-03-22 15:20:07

thrive

oba;6481 wrote:

There's wrong information in the area when the main author of this news said "Stablecoins are a bigger threat to privacy than the digital euro

You are totally correct there. I think the statement was made because the content creator don't understand or know the features of the Utopia USD which is the first stablecoin created by the UtopiaP2P ecosystem.

#4 2023-03-22 22:36:34

IyaJJJ

thrive;6482 wrote:
oba;6481 wrote:

You are totally correct there. I think the statement was made because the content creator don't understand or know the features of the Utopia USD which is the first stablecoin created by the UtopiaP2P ecosystem.

Honestly, footing the benefit provided by the UUSD. It's sad that there are still only a few people that aware of the coin and for the benefit of those that don't know what UUSD is. It is the first and also the only privacy stablecoin in the market.

#5 2023-03-22 22:58:13

level

IyaJJJ;6552 wrote:
thrive;6482 wrote:
oba;6481 wrote:

Honestly, footing the benefit provided by the UUSD. It's sad that there are still only a few people that aware of the coin and for the benefit of those that don't know what UUSD is. It is the first and also the only privacy stablecoin in the market.

What I like about the Utopia USD stablecoin is the anonymous, low-cost transaction fee, and it is always pegged with the US Dollar. My enthusiasm increased for the UUSD after I follow its performance in the recent bear that happened in the stablecoin market.

#6 2023-03-22 23:00:30

thrive

level;6553 wrote:
IyaJJJ;6552 wrote:
thrive;6482 wrote:

What I like about the Utopia USD stablecoin is the anonymous, low-cost transaction fee, and it is always pegged with the US Dollar. My enthusiasm increased for the UUSD after I follow its performance in the recent bear that happened in the stablecoin market.

You are totally correct and this reminds me of what I once read about the UtopiaP2P ecosystem developer that they conducted 6years of research and work on the Utopia project before officially releasing it to the public and also self-fund it.

#7 2023-03-22 23:01:02

IyaJJJ

thrive;6554 wrote:
level;6553 wrote:
IyaJJJ;6552 wrote:

You are totally correct and this reminds me of what I once read about the UtopiaP2P ecosystem developer that they conducted 6years of research and work on the Utopia project before officially releasing it to the public and also self-fund it.

I also read about this when I read the fundamental concept of the UtopiaP2P ecosystem and it is hard to find project developer teams that will do the research performed by the Utopia team before releasing the project even Satoshi didn't do 6years of research before creating Bitcoin.

#8 2023-03-22 23:02:51

level

IyaJJJ;6556 wrote:
thrive;6554 wrote:
level;6553 wrote:

I also read about this when I read the fundamental concept of the UtopiaP2P ecosystem and it is hard to find project developer teams that will do the research performed by the Utopia team before releasing the project even Satoshi didn't do 6years of research before creating Bitcoin.

From what I read about Satoshi's email archive, he gathered information from different sources which include some University research to create Bitcoin.
Having said that, the 6 years of research used to create the UtopiaP2P by the team is the main reason why the project is wonderfully unique.

#9 2023-03-22 23:30:20

Kelechi

Stablecoin is at a point where people are losing trust in it right now a big thanks to USDC. Stablecoin now sound like a scam hub, but I have not heard anyone complain about UUSD.

#10 2023-03-22 23:53:21

joanna

I believe what we're seeing here is institutional banking coming up with a naive idea that will mislead the newbies in the cryptocurrency market because the stablecoin is not the problem but the incompetent dev team that is creating crypto with no adequate research and knowledge.

#11 2023-03-23 09:53:31

Cat

thrive;6482 wrote:

I just found an interesting article and thought I'd share it.

#12 2023-03-23 09:54:42

Cat

IyaJJJ;6552 wrote:

Honestly, footing the benefit provided by the UUSD. It's sad that there are still only a few people that aware of the coin and for the benefit of those that don't know what UUSD is. It is the first and also the only privacy stablecoin in the market

Soon the dollar and the euro will start to fall in value and people will realise how useful it is to have UUSD

#13 2023-03-23 09:55:47

Cat

level;6553 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>IyaJJJ;6552 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>thrive;6482 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>oba;6481 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>There&#039;s wrong information in the area when the main author of this news said &quot;Stablecoins are a bigger threat to privacy than the digital euro<br />Finance&quot;. How can that happen when the UtopiaP2P introduced UUSD.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>You are totally correct there. I think the statement was made because the content creator don&#039;t understand or know the features of the Utopia USD which is the first stablecoin created by the UtopiaP2P ecosystem.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Honestly, footing the benefit provided by the UUSD. It&#039;s sad that there are still only a few people that aware of the coin and for the benefit of those that don&#039;t know what UUSD is. It is the first and also the only privacy stablecoin in the market.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>What I like about the Utopia USD stablecoin is the anonymous, low-cost transaction fee, and it is always pegged with the US Dollar. My enthusiasm increased for the UUSD after I follow its performance in the recent bear that happened in the stablecoin market.</p>

Stability is what the uusd is known for. I wonder why it is not so popular.

#14 2023-03-23 09:56:56

Cat

level;6557 wrote:

From what I read about Satoshi's email archive, he gathered information from different sources which include some University research to create Bitcoin.
Having said that, the 6 years of research used to create the UtopiaP2P by the team is the main reason why the project is wonderfully unique.

Can I have a link to this article?

#15 2023-03-23 09:58:06

Cat

joanna;6581 wrote:

I believe what we're seeing here is institutional banking coming up with a naive idea that will mislead the newbies in the cryptocurrency market because the stablecoin is not the problem but the incompetent dev team that is creating crypto with no adequate research and knowledge.

Do you think the government wants people to distrust ussd?

Board footer