uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#101 2023-03-17 21:01:03

IyaJJJ
Member
Registered: 2023-01-25
Posts: 1,714

Re: channel for writers

KingCRP;5812 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5809 wrote:

I was reading and article where someone said he got into a casino game that accepts btc but he was duped off over $3million because the game wasn’t transparent.

I have also heard of stories that are a bit similar to such and mostly it’s just a some bunch of delusional comment. I understand that losing huge amounts of money can leave anyone in great denial and that’s the phase they are passing through right now.

I never heard about this story before but out of curiosity. How rich is the person that casino duped $3Million? I'm just like what was he thinking when he can diversify the fund into  Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Crypton coin (One million each)

Offline

#102 2023-03-17 21:15:38

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: channel for writers

IyaJJJ;5867 wrote:
KingCRP;5812 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;5809 wrote:

I was reading and article where someone said he got into a casino game that accepts btc but he was duped off over $3million because the game wasn’t transparent.

I have also heard of stories that are a bit similar to such and mostly it’s just a some bunch of delusional comment. I understand that losing huge amounts of money can leave anyone in great denial and that’s the phase they are passing through right now.

I never heard about this story before but out of curiosity. How rich is the person that casino duped $3Million? I'm just like what was he thinking when he can diversify the fund into  Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Crypton coin (One million each)

You need to understand that some individuals get really greedy when it comes to gambling and that is why they lose such an amount of money. Always wanting more has landed many in a big financial crisis that they may never recover from.  Gambling has made a lot of people rich but also has recked a lot too.

Offline

#103 2023-03-19 23:16:59

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,071

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;5876 wrote:
IyaJJJ;5867 wrote:
KingCRP;5812 wrote:

I have also heard of stories that are a bit similar to such and mostly it’s just a some bunch of delusional comment. I understand that losing huge amounts of money can leave anyone in great denial and that’s the phase they are passing through right now.

I never heard about this story before but out of curiosity. How rich is the person that casino duped $3Million? I'm just like what was he thinking when he can diversify the fund into  Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Crypton coin (One million each)

You need to understand that some individuals get really greedy when it comes to gambling and that is why they lose such an amount of money. Always wanting more has landed many in a big financial crisis that they may never recover from.  Gambling has made a lot of people rich but also has recked a lot too.

Yes you are right but I won't call it gread alone some also don't know when to stop or count their loss and leave, especially when the day js going bad for them. They still hold on to stupid fate and lose more.

Offline

#104 2023-03-21 18:18:24

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: channel for writers

With the many boards available we should try to remain on topic in our discussions. This thread was created to discuss a channel for writers and get comments on that and maybe bits of replies that would fit into such channel.

I really look forward to sharing minds with similar users on that channel.

Offline

#105 2023-03-21 18:24:06

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: channel for writers

Lanistergame2;6358 wrote:

With the many boards available we should try to remain on topic in our discussions. This thread was created to discuss a channel for writers and get comments on that and maybe bits of replies that would fit into such channel.

I really look forward to sharing minds with similar users on that channel.

Yeah, you are right.  What topics do you enjoy having on this forum?
Sometimes discussing off the original topic is usually maybe the original topic has been exhausted

Offline

#106 2023-03-22 17:39:17

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;6360 wrote:

Yeah, you are right. What topics do you enjoy having on this forum?
Sometimes discussing off the original topic is usually maybe the original topic has been exhausted

If the original topic has been exhausted then the thread should be abandoned and any off topic discussions can have a board created just for it.

There is no harm if the thread stays inactive for a bit, till relevant replies are available to be shared in it.

Offline

#107 2023-03-22 19:37:04

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: channel for writers

Lanistergame2;6495 wrote:
Detroit;6360 wrote:

Yeah, you are right. What topics do you enjoy having on this forum?
Sometimes discussing off the original topic is usually maybe the original topic has been exhausted

If the original topic has been exhausted then the thread should be abandoned and any off topic discussions can have a board created just for it.

There is no harm if the thread stays inactive for a bit, till relevant replies are available to be shared in it.

Well,  if the admins can provide an option for an individual to lock their thread,  you won't or shouldn't play those trying to keep their hands busy on an already exhausted thread.

Offline

#108 2023-03-26 20:02:58

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;6506 wrote:

Well,  if the admins can provide an option for an individual to lock their thread,  you won't or shouldn't play those trying to keep their hands busy on an already exhausted thread.

We have requested for this for a long time now and we are yet to receive any message from the admins as regards it, i don’t think it is going to be too difficult to implement, we just need a button to lock and unlock topics, so whenever a thread has had enough discussions, the person that started it can lock it.

Offline

#109 2023-03-30 16:24:40

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;6506 wrote:

Well, if the admins can provide an option for an individual to lock their thread, you won't or shouldn't play those trying to keep their hands busy on an already exhausted thread.

Even if such an option existed, it would be ignored by most users. Having users moderate their own threads is very demanding and while some do it to keep spam off the forum, many would not bother.

This is my experience from other forums, I could be wrong and the bunch here are much more concerned with how the forum operates.

Offline

#110 2023-03-30 23:57:30

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,178

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;6506 wrote:
Lanistergame2;6495 wrote:
Detroit;6360 wrote:

Yeah, you are right. What topics do you enjoy having on this forum?
Sometimes discussing off the original topic is usually maybe the original topic has been exhausted

If the original topic has been exhausted then the thread should be abandoned and any off topic discussions can have a board created just for it.

There is no harm if the thread stays inactive for a bit, till relevant replies are available to be shared in it.

Well,  if the admins can provide an option for an individual to lock their thread,  you won't or shouldn't play those trying to keep their hands busy on an already exhausted thread.

This forum is still in early stage and also need some traffic. The admin or developer providing a features that will allow the orginal poster of the topic to lock the thread is out for now maybe in the future we will see it.

Offline

#111 2023-04-04 06:50:03

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: channel for writers

thrive;6660 wrote:

This forum is still in early stage and also need some traffic. The admin or developer providing a features that will allow the orginal poster of the topic to lock the thread is out for now maybe in the future we will see it.

I am sure we will have it in the future anyway, it is a very important feature to prevent spam and end discussions. I know the developers are working on so many things, but i don’t think this should be difficult for them to add, so i am surprised they are yet to do so.

Offline

#112 2023-04-04 11:22:30

Kelechi
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 2,463

Re: channel for writers

Guys their a lot of things that we all hope the forum adds and more suggestions would still be made in the future but we must understand not all of it can be added immediately so let's be patient.

Offline

#113 2023-04-05 22:27:48

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,071

Re: channel for writers

Kelechi;6688 wrote:

Guys their a lot of things that we all hope the forum adds and more suggestions would still be made in the future but we must understand not all of it can be added immediately so let's be patient.

Well I believe we can share our telegram account here and for those interested in the English and article board they can create their own group probably on telegram.

Offline

#114 2023-04-06 06:14:26

Camavinga
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 836

Re: channel for writers

Kelechi;6688 wrote:

Guys their a lot of things that we all hope the forum adds and more suggestions would still be made in the future but we must understand not all of it can be added immediately so let's be patient.

Suggestions take time to be implemented, but this particular one is not for the admins. This is a channel that can be created by anyone who is interested and afterwards invite people who are also interested, the forum can’t create a board for writers, the question here is if there is a channel for writers.

Offline

#115 2023-04-06 11:24:15

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: channel for writers

JONSNOWING;6887 wrote:

Well I believe we can share our telegram account here and for those interested in the English and article board they can create their own group probably on telegram.

Not everyone here uses telegram due to the high prevalence of scam on the platform, and it does not have the feel or functioning of uTalk.
If I am to join a writer's group I would really prefer it to be here on the forum.

If I get the time and resources which would make such a channel a success, I will consider creating one myself.

Offline

#116 2023-04-06 18:45:28

CrytoCynthia
Member
Registered: 2022-11-19
Posts: 2,562

Re: channel for writers

Lanistergame2;6949 wrote:
JONSNOWING;6887 wrote:

Well I believe we can share our telegram account here and for those interested in the English and article board they can create their own group probably on telegram.

Not everyone here uses telegram due to the high prevalence of scam on the platform, and it does not have the feel or functioning of uTalk.
If I am to join a writer's group I would really prefer it to be here on the forum.

If I get the time and resources which would make such a channel a success, I will consider creating one myself.

Yes mate that’s true I have also experienced some scam attacks by using telegram and that app scares me but honestly speaking every one enthusiastic about cryptocurrency should probably be on telegram.

Offline

#117 2023-04-06 19:59:49

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: channel for writers

CrytoCynthia;6958 wrote:

Yes mate that’s true I have also experienced some scam attacks by using telegram and that app scares me but honestly speaking every one enthusiastic about cryptocurrency should probably be on telegram.

You are right that it is pretty popular in the cryptocurrency world, but it is not a necessity. I know crypto users who do not have an account there and are always pressuring me to ditch the app cause I could do without it.

I have a couple of groups which are valuable to me and keep me registered on the platform.

Offline

#118 2023-04-06 20:14:57

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: channel for writers

Lanistergame2;6983 wrote:
CrytoCynthia;6958 wrote:

Yes mate that’s true I have also experienced some scam attacks by using telegram and that app scares me but honestly speaking every one enthusiastic about cryptocurrency should probably be on telegram.

You are right that it is pretty popular in the cryptocurrency world, but it is not a necessity. I know crypto users who do not have an account there and are always pressuring me to ditch the app cause I could do without it.

I have a couple of groups which are valuable to me and keep me registered on the platform.

Telegram as an application is very good. It now depends on what you do there. It is filled with scanners by the way but if you configure your telegram properly I done think you will ever get scammed on telegram.

Offline

#119 2023-04-06 20:20:47

KAMSI_UG
Member
Registered: 2022-12-26
Posts: 2,182

Re: channel for writers

Writers I have a suggestion, I am not in support of a writers board here because it’s far off the topic meant to be discussed here but if the reading and writing is crypto related then it’s ok.

Offline

#120 2023-04-07 20:35:08

KingCRP
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,054

Re: channel for writers

KAMSI_UG;7000 wrote:

Writers I have a suggestion, I am not in support of a writers board here because it’s far off the topic meant to be discussed here but if the reading and writing is crypto related then it’s ok.

Well what ever it is I believe that if a writers board should be created then I believe it should be placed in the off topic section for those interested in it.

Offline

#121 2023-04-07 20:53:36

Lanistergame2
Member
Registered: 2022-12-25
Posts: 1,843

Re: channel for writers

KAMSI_UG;7000 wrote:

Writers I have a suggestion, I am not in support of a writers board here because it’s far off the topic meant to be discussed here but if the reading and writing is crypto related then it’s ok.

I do not think writers would really mind where such channel is created as long as it is up and active. The bulk of discussion might be fictional writing and trading good books back and forth, those are off topic discussions.

Crypto related writing would fit into other sections here.

Offline

#122 2023-04-07 23:30:01

thrive
Member
Registered: 2023-01-04
Posts: 2,178

Re: channel for writers

Camavinga;6945 wrote:
Kelechi;6688 wrote:

Guys their a lot of things that we all hope the forum adds and more suggestions would still be made in the future but we must understand not all of it can be added immediately so let's be patient.

Suggestions take time to be implemented, but this particular one is not for the admins. This is a channel that can be created by anyone who is interested and afterwards invite people who are also interested, the forum can’t create a board for writers, the question here is if there is a channel for writers.

The above user have a point that all suggestion cant be implemented asap and the patient is the key needed but the subject was about the creation of a new topic. yes, is indeed something every user of this forum can do.

Offline

#123 2023-04-08 12:28:43

Detroit
Member
Registered: 2022-12-27
Posts: 1,637

Re: channel for writers

KingCRP;7158 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7000 wrote:

Writers I have a suggestion, I am not in support of a writers board here because it’s far off the topic meant to be discussed here but if the reading and writing is crypto related then it’s ok.

Well what ever it is I believe that if a writers board should be created then I believe it should be placed in the off topic section for those interested in it.

Yeah, good point.  I was also thinking when this board is created we can start a writer's competition where writers come out to bless us with their creative writings and the best writer wins.

Offline

#124 2023-05-01 16:59:35

Dozie
Member
Registered: 2023-01-18
Posts: 658

Re: channel for writers

Detroit;7216 wrote:
KingCRP;7158 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7000 wrote:

Writers I have a suggestion, I am not in support of a writers board here because it’s far off the topic meant to be discussed here but if the reading and writing is crypto related then it’s ok.

Well what ever it is I believe that if a writers board should be created then I believe it should be placed in the off topic section for those interested in it.

Yeah, good point.  I was also thinking when this board is created we can start a writer's competition where writers come out to bless us with their creative writings and the best writer wins.

We can say this million time but I still think the writers and any thing about it is not actually necessary here.
This is a Cryptocurrency forum and this is what we should mostly be discussing.

Offline

#125 2023-05-01 18:52:07

JONSNOWING
Member
Registered: 2023-01-06
Posts: 1,071

Re: channel for writers

Dozie;7272 wrote:
Detroit;7216 wrote:
KingCRP;7158 wrote:

Well what ever it is I believe that if a writers board should be created then I believe it should be placed in the off topic section for those interested in it.

Yeah, good point.  I was also thinking when this board is created we can start a writer's competition where writers come out to bless us with their creative writings and the best writer wins.

We can say this million time but I still think the writers and any thing about it is not actually necessary here.
This is a Cryptocurrency forum and this is what we should mostly be discussing.

Well we can call this section the offtopic section and if anyone wants to make it productive by giving good write ups then I believe it's very much worth it and I have no doubt it is going to be good .

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB