uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-04-05 23:15:38

IyaJJJ

Stealer Malware Typhon Reborn Reemerges with Improved Evasion Tech

The threat actor behind the data-stealing malware known as Typhon Reborn has re-emerged with an updated version (V2) that includes enhanced features to evade detection and resist analysis.

The new version is available from Criminal Underground for $59 per month, $360 per year, or $540 for a lifetime subscription. "Thieves can collect and exfiltrate sensitive information and use the Telegram API to send stolen data to attackers," Cisco Talos researcher Edmund Brumaghin said in a report Tuesday.

Cyble first documented Typhon in August 2022, detailing its many capabilities, including hijacking clipboard contents, capturing screenshots, logging keystrokes, and logging from encrypted wallets, messages, FTP, VPNs, browsers, and gaming applications. Steal data. Based on another stealing malware called Prynt Stealer, Typhon is able to offer XMRig to cryptocurrency miners as well. In November 2022, Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 revealed an updated version called Typhon Reborn. "This new version adds anti-analysis techniques and modifications to improve theft and file capture functionality," said Chapter 42, noting that existing features such as keylogging and cryptocurrency mining were removed, apparently to reduce the chance of detection.

According to Cisco Talos, the latest V2 variant was marketed by its developer on January 31, 2023 on a Russian-language darknet XSS forum. "Typhon Reborn stealer is a heavily modified and improved version of the older and unstable Typhon Stealer," the malware author said, further boasting that it is cheap and has no backdoor.

Like other malware, V2 has ways to avoid infecting systems in Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries. However, it specifically excluded Ukraine and Georgia from the list.

#2 2023-04-06 19:29:24

KAMSI_UG

Re: Stealer Malware Typhon Reborn Reemerges with Improved Evasion Tech

Guys be careful of phishing links and malware, the level at which scammers are sending such to potential victims is getting alarming, don’t click on any link you aren’t sure of.

#3 2023-04-06 20:17:27

IyaJJJ

KAMSI_UG;6970 wrote:

Guys be careful of phishing links and malware, the level at which scammers are sending such to potential victims is getting alarming, don’t click on any link you aren’t sure of.

Yes, all individuals need to be careful but being careful is not enough to keep anyone safe when it comes to online activities it's better to make use of privacy focus platforms like UtopiaP2P Ecosystem.

#4 2023-04-06 20:17:47

thrive

IyaJJJ;6995 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;6970 wrote:

Yes, all individuals need to be careful but being careful is not enough to keep anyone safe when it comes to online activities it's better to make use of privacy focus platforms like UtopiaP2P Ecosystem.

I support what you said because being careful is not enough to save every cryptocurrency enthusiast from a dusk attack and the needed solution is still the use of privacy.

#5 2023-04-06 20:24:25

full

thrive;6997 wrote:
IyaJJJ;6995 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;6970 wrote:

I support what you said because being careful is not enough to save every cryptocurrency enthusiast from a dusk attack and the needed solution is still the use of privacy.

It is understandable that privacy is needed to have adequate security and safety in cryptocurrency and other aspects that have to do with the internet. What is a dusk attack?

#6 2023-04-06 21:06:42

thrive

full;7002 wrote:
thrive;6997 wrote:
IyaJJJ;6995 wrote:

It is understandable that privacy is needed to have adequate security and safety in cryptocurrency and other aspects that have to do with the internet. What is a dusk attack?

The term "dusting attack" describes a somewhat new type of malicious activity in which scammers and hackers attempt to invade the privacy of cryptocurrency users by sending inconsequential amounts of money to their wallets. The attackers then follow the transactional activity of these wallets, deanonymizing the owner or operator of each wallet through a combined analysis of various addresses.

#7 2023-04-06 21:10:40

IyaJJJ

thrive;7019 wrote:
full;7002 wrote:
thrive;6997 wrote:

The term "dusting attack" describes a somewhat new type of malicious activity in which scammers and hackers attempt to invade the privacy of cryptocurrency users by sending inconsequential amounts of money to their wallets. The attackers then follow the transactional activity of these wallets, deanonymizing the owner or operator of each wallet through a combined analysis of various addresses.

Glad to know about a project like the UtopiaP2P ecosystem that provides the needed privacy and security that will protect me from this dust attack because I never learn about it until now. How can i protect myself from such attack?

Last edited by IyaJJJ (2023-04-06 21:11:54)

#8 2023-04-06 21:21:03

thrive

IyaJJJ;7020 wrote:
thrive;7019 wrote:
full;7002 wrote:

Glad to know about a project like the UtopiaP2P ecosystem that provides the needed privacy and security that will protect me from this dust attack because I never learn about it until now. How can i protect myself from such attack?

If you experienced the dust attack, lock or freeze the dust input in your wallet to prevent sending them by accident. You should also always use Coin Control to manually choose which inputs to use. Utilizing a privacy platform is the ideal solution.

Board footer