Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#101 2023-05-01 23:44:41

oba

Re: LBank Exchange listed CRP

thrive;7329 wrote:
Dozie;7293 wrote:
KingCRP;7155 wrote:

Well the popular way to rate an exchange that is widely use is the active and the popularity of the Exchange and with that I think LBank exchange can’t be in the top ten.

Many times this popular exchanges has actually failed us in so many ways, I don't think I would rate an exchange now by it's popularity, it's not a popularity contest.

Ready or not? You should always expect disappointment and failed service from Centralized exchanges because they are mostly control by the government and the owner of the exchange. Besides, the decision of the government is what determines their next move.

Yes, Centralized exchange can easily fail or manipulated by the government and that's why people are advised not to keep their cryptocurrency on there for a long time.

#102 2023-05-01 23:46:37

joanna

oba;7330 wrote:
thrive;7329 wrote:
Dozie;7293 wrote:

Many times this popular exchanges has actually failed us in so many ways, I don't think I would rate an exchange now by it's popularity, it's not a popularity contest.

Ready or not? You should always expect disappointment and failed service from Centralized exchanges because they are mostly control by the government and the owner of the exchange. Besides, the decision of the government is what determines their next move.

Yes, Centralized exchange can easily fail or manipulated by the government and that's why people are advised not to keep their cryptocurrency on there for a long time.

You are absolutely correct about that but some people still misunderstand that the SAFU provided by centralized exchange doesn't save their cryptocurrency investment especially those that didn't use privacy service.

#103 2023-05-02 13:36:01

KAMSI_UG

joanna;7331 wrote:
oba;7330 wrote:
thrive;7329 wrote:

You are absolutely correct about that but some people still misunderstand that the SAFU provided by centralized exchange doesn't save their cryptocurrency investment especially those that didn't use privacy service.

How can any cryptocurrency enthusiast in the present day still save their funds on the exchange, this is the biggest risk anyone can have so far, saving your coin on an exchange is like inventing problems for yourself.

#104 2023-05-02 13:42:57

KingCRP

KAMSI_UG;7353 wrote:
joanna;7331 wrote:
oba;7330 wrote:

How can any cryptocurrency enthusiast in the present day still save their funds on the exchange, this is the biggest risk anyone can have so far, saving your coin on an exchange is like inventing problems for yourself.

We still have many of them, that’s why when ever there is an attack on Exchange and funds are made away with many people are affected by it, not everyone has a good orientation about cryptocurrency.

#105 2023-05-02 15:41:10

level

KAMSI_UG;7353 wrote:
joanna;7331 wrote:
oba;7330 wrote:

From my understanding, I believe the major reason why most people keep their cryptocurrency on a centralized exchange is that they offer a convenient way for users to trade cryptocurrencies, use their coins and not be in charge of the security.

#106 2023-05-02 15:45:41

oba

level;7366 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7353 wrote:
joanna;7331 wrote:

From my understanding, I believe the major reason why most people keep their cryptocurrency on a centralized exchange is that they offer a convenient way for users to trade cryptocurrencies, use their coins and not be in charge of the security.

I would only go with the convenience to be the reason because Centralized exchanges seem to be more vulnerable to security risks, and that include hack attackers which end result was the loss of crypto user's funds, and also damage the reputation of the exchange.

#107 2023-05-02 15:47:16

joanna

oba;7368 wrote:
level;7366 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7353 wrote:

I would only go with the convenience to be the reason because Centralized exchanges seem to be more vulnerable to security risks, and that include hack attackers which end result was the loss of crypto user's funds, and also damage the reputation of the exchange.

This is also the reason why a lot of cryptocurrency enthusiasts focus more on hardware wallets and according to the news the number of hardware wallet users increased rapidly last year

#108 2023-05-02 16:05:04

oba

joanna;7369 wrote:
oba;7368 wrote:
level;7366 wrote:

This is also the reason why a lot of cryptocurrency enthusiasts focus more on hardware wallets and according to the news the number of hardware wallet users increased rapidly last year

Technically, yes that's the reason. However, Centralized exchanges also provide limited access and also have some restrictions which can be annoying at some point not to talk about the KYC/AML requirements.

#109 2023-05-02 16:16:01

level

oba;7370 wrote:
joanna;7369 wrote:
oba;7368 wrote:

Technically, yes that's the reason. However, Centralized exchanges also provide limited access and also have some restrictions which can be annoying at some point not to talk about the KYC/AML requirements.

What I dislike about centralized exchanges is the loss of privacy because centralized exchange transactions are typically recorded and recognizable on a public blockchain. This puts consumers' privacy at risk if they value anonymity.

#110 2023-05-02 16:18:55

joanna

level;7371 wrote:
oba;7370 wrote:
joanna;7369 wrote:

What I dislike about centralized exchanges is the loss of privacy because centralized exchange transactions are typically recorded and recognizable on a public blockchain. This puts consumers' privacy at risk if they value anonymity.

Security problems, regulatory risks, limited accessibility, and lack of privacy are all potential consequences of centralized exchanges. This is why I enjoy the idea of the Crypton Exchange.

#111 2023-05-02 16:22:38

oba

joanna;7372 wrote:
level;7371 wrote:
oba;7370 wrote:

Security problems, regulatory risks, limited accessibility, and lack of privacy are all potential consequences of centralized exchanges. This is why I enjoy the idea of the Crypton Exchange.

Almost everyone that understands the concept of the Crypton Exchange enjoys and appreciates the solution it brings and how it's going to change the cryptocurrency anonymous trading platform.

#112 2023-05-02 21:02:36

KAMSI_UG

oba;7373 wrote:
joanna;7372 wrote:
level;7371 wrote:

Almost everyone that understands the concept of the Crypton Exchange enjoys and appreciates the solution it brings and how it's going to change the cryptocurrency anonymous trading platform.

Well yes Cryptocurrency has lots of utilities it offers especially in the financial  System but still I think we love it more because of the investment qualities it can offer.

#113 2023-05-02 22:21:34

IyaJJJ

level;7366 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7353 wrote:
joanna;7331 wrote:

Apart from what you said, centralized exchanges operate on a centralized model, which means that a single entity controls the exchange's operations, which can lead to a warfare of interest because the central authority has complete control over the exchange's trading activity, including project delisting.

#114 2023-05-02 22:28:07

Vastextension

IyaJJJ;7425 wrote:
level;7366 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7353 wrote:

Apart from what you said, centralized exchanges operate on a centralized model, which means that a single entity controls the exchange's operations, which can lead to a warfare of interest because the central authority has complete control over the exchange's trading activity, including project delisting.

You have a point about this and I could remember a friend of mine losing his BTC to a cryptocurrency exchange that suddenly shut down. Although he understands that keeping a coin on CEX for the long term is not good but he learns a hard way.

#115 2023-05-02 23:20:00

full

Vastextension;7427 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7425 wrote:
level;7366 wrote:

You have a point about this and I could remember a friend of mine losing his BTC to a cryptocurrency exchange that suddenly shut down. Although he understands that keeping a coin on CEX for the long term is not good but he learns a hard way.

I'm sorry about the experience of your friend but there are some people that you advise about some security measure they will never listen until they learn the hard and the same thing goes for cryptocurrency that are advised to stay away from meme coin but choose to invest in it.

#116 2023-05-02 23:22:56

thrive

full;7439 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7425 wrote:

I'm sorry about the experience of your friend but there are some people that you advise about some security measure they will never listen until they learn the hard and the same thing goes for cryptocurrency that are advised to stay away from meme coin but choose to invest in it.

What you said makes sense because I was one of the people who learn a pretty good lesson when started my cryptocurrency journey some years ago and it is the same thing that help me now in the market.

#117 2023-05-03 18:55:44

KAMSI_UG

I would like to know is there any partnership between Utopia p2p and LBank Exchange or is it just a matter of the native coin of Utopia p2p listed on LBank exchange.

#118 2023-05-03 21:40:31

JONSNOWING

KAMSI_UG;7494 wrote:

I would like to know is there any partnership between Utopia p2p and LBank Exchange or is it just a matter of the native coin of Utopia p2p listed on LBank exchange.

I don't think right now there is any partnership between the two companies but probably there was a partnership back then for a contest or so but I am not totally sure about that.

#119 2023-05-03 22:23:56

Kelechi

JONSNOWING;7509 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;7494 wrote:

I don't think right now there is any partnership between the two companies but probably there was a partnership back then for a contest or so but I am not totally sure about that.

Utopia p2p has bad partnership with Lbank exchange, and they have also heard partnership with coin tiger exchange this I am sure of .

#120 2023-05-03 23:21:22

full

thrive;7440 wrote:
full;7439 wrote:

What you said makes sense because I was one of the people who learn a pretty good lesson when started my cryptocurrency journey some years ago and it is the same thing that help me now in the market.

I believe you're not the only one who has learned some lessons through the silly mistake made when you were still a newbie in the crypto market and the most important thing is not making the exact mistake again.

#121 2023-05-04 12:17:57

Kelechi

full;7570 wrote:
thrive;7440 wrote:
full;7439 wrote:

I believe you're not the only one who has learned some lessons through the silly mistake made when you were still a newbie in the crypto market and the most important thing is not making the exact mistake again.

Firstly I am never too worried about mistakes, it's part of life but the biggest mistakes people make is when they don't try to learn from their mistakes.

#122 2023-05-04 13:38:41

Dozie

Is Lbank a decentralized exchange? Also do they also have trading options? I am thinking of actually using the Lbank exchange soon.

#123 2023-05-04 19:05:51

thrive

Kelechi;7588 wrote:
full;7570 wrote:
thrive;7440 wrote:

Firstly I am never too worried about mistakes, it's part of life but the biggest mistakes people make is when they don't try to learn from their mistakes.

As human making a mistake is one of the things that confirm us as a human being and the good thing is that mistakes are made lesson is also learned. As you said the only real mistake is not learning from previous mistakes.

#124 2023-05-04 19:08:18

full

thrive;7639 wrote:
Kelechi;7588 wrote:
full;7570 wrote:

As human making a mistake is one of the things that confirm us as a human being and the good thing is that mistakes are made lesson is also learned. As you said the only real mistake is not learning from previous mistakes.

You guys have made a valuable point but I categorized the habit of not learning from previous mistakes as an error because, in the end, they are mostly hard to forget.

#125 2023-05-04 19:11:13

IyaJJJ

full;7640 wrote:
thrive;7639 wrote:
Kelechi;7588 wrote:

You guys have made a valuable point but I categorized the habit of not learning from previous mistakes as an error because, in the end, they are mostly hard to forget.

The cryptocurrency market is not for those who find it difficult to learn from past mistakes because the market can become volatile at times, and only those investors who are able to do so will profit from their subsequent investments. This may seem harsh to some.

Board footer