uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-03-22 10:00:39

Camavinga

Re: One of the most absurd aspects of the Silicon Valley bank failure

Detroit;6354 wrote:

There is no doubt that the financial system of the world (the bank) is broken and should not be trusted. They have kept us the people in the dark for so long now. Thank goodness for cryptocurrency for opening our eyes to see exactly what is going on.

The way decentralized crypto operate is the best way to handle funds, the owners are in control of their money and anything they do is on them. But when the government and banks control trillions of people’s money and gamble it, then it is unfair. I know for now crypto cannot be a global reserve currency, but it has helped a lot for the people who are currently using it.

#27 2023-05-13 20:31:44

Camavinga

Decentralization remains the best form of banking or keeping your money. Centralized entities have done some much damage over the years and it has be stopped.

#28 2023-05-13 20:59:47

Detroit

Lanistergame2;6363 wrote:
oba;6330 wrote:

What i am saying is that the US President guarantee the taxpayer they will get back the fund they have with Silicon Valley bank and never make a statement about the non-taxpayer.
In the US tax is mandatory or the IRS will have you arrested especially if you have a house. I believe the student will get their fund either.

Tax fund are probably going into the money being used to repay those that were involved in the loss, so it is only fitting that only tax payers are involved in the repayment.

And about tax being mandatory, it is not really necessary for a society to function and it can be structured better than it is now.

Taxation in general is shit especially here in the united kingdom. It's unnecessarily expensive. As usual the poor gets poorer and the rich continue getting richer.

#29 2023-05-13 21:32:04

Lanistergame2

Detroit;8316 wrote:
oba;6330 wrote:

What i am saying is that the US President guarantee the taxpayer they will get back the fund they have with Silicon Valley bank and never make a statement about the non-taxpayer.
In the US tax is mandatory or the IRS will have you arrested especially if you have a house. I believe the student will get their fund either.

Tax fund are probably going into the money being used to repay those that were involved in the loss, so it is only fitting that only tax payers are involved in the repayment.

And about tax being mandatory, it is not really necessary for a society to function and it can be structured better than it is now.

Taxation in general is shit especially here in the united kingdom. It's unnecessarily expensive. As usual the poor gets poorer and the rich continue getting richer.

Paying tax is a huge scam the government is using to steal from us and it's unfair.  The rich have the knowledge of how to lay less tax but the poor know nothing so they suffer the most.

#30 2023-05-13 21:46:11

thrive

Camavinga;8308 wrote:

Decentralization remains the best form of banking or keeping your money. Centralized entities have done some much damage over the years and it has be stopped.

Decentralized struture remain the best because its the most secure and fair in every settings.
I dont think there's will be a way to stop the existence of centralization because the government  never wanted it to stop and that's the reason why they sees cryptocurrency as a threat in the first place.

#31 2023-05-13 22:29:17

IyaJJJ

Detroit;8316 wrote:
oba;6330 wrote:

I will never consider taxation as shit if I were so far it's being spent in the right way and it's also another means of giving back to the community and helping the little man to survive.

#32 2023-05-13 22:36:49

thrive

IyaJJJ;8331 wrote:
Detroit;8316 wrote:

I will never consider taxation as shit if I were so far it's being spent in the right way and it's also another means of giving back to the community and helping the little man to survive.

I agree with you since the tax was introduced as an essential source of government revenue that enables the government to finance essential public goods and services that support economic growth and development.

#33 2023-05-13 22:56:42

IyaJJJ

thrive;8332 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8331 wrote:
Detroit;8316 wrote:

I agree with you since the tax was introduced as an essential source of government revenue that enables the government to finance essential public goods and services that support economic growth and development.

Yes. What i like about tax is the redistribute Wealth: Taxation allows more affluent sections of society to help support poorer individuals by redistributing revenue from the wealthy to less wealthy groups through social welfare programs.

#34 2023-05-13 23:00:18

full

IyaJJJ;8333 wrote:
thrive;8332 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8331 wrote:

Yes. What i like about tax is the redistribute Wealth: Taxation allows more affluent sections of society to help support poorer individuals by redistributing revenue from the wealthy to less wealthy groups through social welfare programs.

It also reduce the risk of inflation. Taxation reduces money in circulation and allows the government to manage inflation by decreasing the amount of money being pumped into the economy.

#35 2023-05-13 23:06:01

IyaJJJ

thrive;8327 wrote:
Camavinga;8308 wrote:

Decentralized struture remain the best because its the most secure and fair in every settings.
I dont think there's will be a way to stop the existence of centralization because the government  never wanted it to stop and that's the reason why they sees cryptocurrency as a threat in the first place.

You have a point because the government will never like the concept of something they can not influence or intervene in and decentralization is something that didn't give them what they wanted.

#36 2023-05-13 23:06:48

thrive

IyaJJJ;8335 wrote:
thrive;8327 wrote:
Camavinga;8308 wrote:

You have a point because the government will never like the concept of something they can not influence or intervene in and decentralization is something that didn't give them what they wanted.

For this reason, we should never expect the government to say yes to decentralization entities unless they regulate the market or support only centralized entities.

#37 2023-05-13 23:07:23

full

thrive;8336 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8335 wrote:
thrive;8327 wrote:

For this reason, we should never expect the government to say yes to decentralization entities unless they regulate the market or support only centralized entities.

I think all these issues was also influenced by the people when democracy was introduced because there's no proper structure that makes democracy to truly operate as the government of the people by the people because we still doing the old military ruling in a modern way.

#38 2023-05-14 16:36:17

Kelechi

Why is it that silicon valley bank keeps on getting into the news for all the negative reasons with all this if I were to be their customer I would have backed out .

#39 2023-05-14 17:45:26

KingCRP

Kelechi;8385 wrote:

Why is it that silicon valley bank keeps on getting into the news for all the negative reasons with all this if I were to be their customer I would have backed out .

Well silicon valley bank is a big bank so I understand why it keeps on getting all this issues it's presently having, it's very much understandable and I believe it would keep coming going by the size of the bank.

#40 2023-05-14 22:39:02

thrive

Kelechi;8385 wrote:

The Silicon bank keeps getting in the news for negative reasons because its issue affects both the traditional and cryptocurrency market and people won't easily forget such a situation.

#41 2023-05-14 22:42:24

oba

thrive;8450 wrote:
Kelechi;8385 wrote:

The Silicon bank keeps getting in the news for negative reasons because its issue affects both the traditional and cryptocurrency market and people won't easily forget such a situation.

I think the main reason why Silicon Bank was in the news lately is that it's the first bank that will experience such a dump in price and it was rescued by the US government.

#42 2023-05-14 22:44:43

IyaJJJ

KingCRP;8392 wrote:
Kelechi;8385 wrote:

Well silicon valley bank is a big bank so I understand why it keeps on getting all this issues it's presently having, it's very much understandable and I believe it would keep coming going by the size of the bank.

Yes, it's a big bank and I think one of the major reasons why it was in the news today is the bus with the Bitcoin logo and the light showing Bitcoin which some cryptocurrency enthusiasts used to market Bitcoin.

#43 2023-05-18 20:36:13

Detroit

IyaJJJ;8453 wrote:
KingCRP;8392 wrote:
Kelechi;8385 wrote:

Yes, it's a big bank and I think one of the major reasons why it was in the news today is the bus with the Bitcoin logo and the light showing Bitcoin which some cryptocurrency enthusiasts used to market Bitcoin.

Generally,  when an entity is presumably big,  the media will always want to portray you and make you look bad.  Especially when you are not wanted.

#44 2023-05-18 21:00:48

Camavinga

Detroit;9078 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8453 wrote:
KingCRP;8392 wrote:

Generally,  when an entity is presumably big,  the media will always want to portray you and make you look bad.  Especially when you are not wanted.

You have a point here. This also extends to social media,  politicians, etc. Generally influential individuals are more like to fall into this kind of mess.

#45 2023-05-19 20:11:59

IyaJJJ

Detroit;9078 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8453 wrote:
KingCRP;8392 wrote:

I believe this explain the reason why some of the head chief of FDIC blames Crypto Exposure for Silvergate Bank's failure.

#46 2023-05-19 20:39:12

Detroit

IyaJJJ;9198 wrote:
Detroit;9078 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8453 wrote:

I believe this explain the reason why some of the head chief of FDIC blames Crypto Exposure for Silvergate Bank's failure.

The only reason they blame them is because they are looking for heads to point their fingers at.  These people are not ready to lose the dependency they get from the masses so they can do anything g to get them back.

#47 2023-05-19 22:16:16

Lanistergame2

The government sucks and the people who follow the instructions too suck. They are just a bunch of maniacs waiting to devour you of your hard-earned money.

#48 2023-05-19 23:48:25

oba

IyaJJJ;9198 wrote:
Detroit;9078 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8453 wrote:

That's a nuisance and something a well-understanding person will never agree with Bitcoin some organizations like GrayScale are doing and never make a loss.

#49 2023-05-19 23:48:51

thrive

oba;9283 wrote:
IyaJJJ;9198 wrote:
Detroit;9078 wrote:

That's a nuisance and something a well-understanding person will never agree with Bitcoin some organizations like GrayScale are doing and never make a loss.

I think the FDIC spoke person or chairman that make the statement is trying to imitate what Elizabeth Warren says

#50 2023-05-20 01:41:41

full

thrive;9284 wrote:
oba;9283 wrote:
IyaJJJ;9198 wrote:

I think the FDIC spoke person or chairman that make the statement is trying to imitate what Elizabeth Warren says

Elizabeth Warren was the first person to say that people should blame Silvergate's bank collapse on risky crypto whereas lack of knowledge is what always causes loss in crypto.

Board footer