uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-05-03 23:44:41

thrive

Apple & Google joining forces to stop unauthorized location-tracking

In order to address safety concerns and warn users when they are being tracked without their knowledge or permission using gadgets like AirTags, Apple and Google have joined forces to develop a draft industry-wide specification.

According to a joint statement from the businesses, "the first-of-its-kind specification will enable Bluetooth location-tracking devices to be compatible with unauthorized tracking detection and alerts across Android and iOS platforms.".

Although these trackers are primarily intended to keep an eye on personal belongings like keys, wallets, luggage, and other items, they have also been misused by bad actors for illegal or sinister purposes, including instances of stalking, harassment, and theft.

Across Bluetooth location-tracking devices from various vendors, the objective is to standardize the alerting mechanisms and reduce opportunities for abuse. Samsung, Tile, Chipolo, eufy Security, and Pebblebee have all joined forces in support of this.

Thus, the companies' tracking devices must follow a set of guidelines and recommendations and alert users to any unauthorized tracking on iOS and Android devices.

According to the specification, formalizing a set of best practices for manufacturers will enable scalable compatibility with unwanted tracking detection technologies on various smartphone platforms and enhance personal privacy and security.

Unwanted tracking detection can both identify and notify people that a tracker that has been detached from the owner's device is traveling with them, as well as offer ways to locate and turn off the tracker. ".

The use of a pairing registry, which contains the owner of an accessory's verifiable (though obscured) identity information, is a key component of the proposed specification. g. , email address, or phone number) and the accessory's serial number.

The pairing registry is made available to law enforcement upon submitting a valid request, in addition to retaining the data for a minimum of 25 days after the device has been unpaired (at which point it is deleted).

In addition, the specification requires that trackers switch from a "near-owner" mode to a "separated" mode if they are away from a user's paired device for longer than 30 minutes.

A production implementation of the specification for unwanted tracking alerts is anticipated to be released on both mobile ecosystems by the end of the year after the companies have received feedback from interested parties over the next three months.

#2 2023-05-04 22:08:47

joanna

Re: Apple & Google joining forces to stop unauthorized location-tracking

Privacy consider is one of the reasons why I never use Apple phones as my hot phone. Yes, the features and the functionality of the phone are good and it's indeed top-notch the privacy level of it is a no for me.

#3 2023-05-04 22:13:09

full

joanna;7683 wrote:

Privacy consider is one of the reasons why I never use Apple phones as my hot phone. Yes, the features and the functionality of the phone are good and it's indeed top-notch the privacy level of it is a no for me.

One man's food is another poison they say. What you see as your own drawback is the reason why some people choose the Apple phones over any other phones in the market and there's no phone that can compete with Apple phones in the market as we speak.

#4 2023-05-04 22:15:16

Vastextension

full;7687 wrote:
joanna;7683 wrote:

One man's food is another poison they say. What you see as your own drawback is the reason why some people choose the Apple phones over any other phones in the market and there's no phone that can compete with Apple phones in the market as we speak.

You have a point because 95% of the people that uses Apple phones use them because of the level of security it provided and the unique feature it had which other mobile phone now imitate.

#5 2023-05-04 22:19:16

level

Vastextension;7690 wrote:
full;7687 wrote:
joanna;7683 wrote:

You have a point because 95% of the people that uses Apple phones use them because of the level of security it provided and the unique feature it had which other mobile phone now imitate.

Despite how the iPhone is a widely popular device with numerous features and advantages, there are some drawbacks to consider as well. It's there battery life for me. iPhone batteries tend to have a shorter lifespan than some other smartphone brands, requiring more frequent charging.

#6 2023-05-04 23:43:49

oba

full;7687 wrote:
joanna;7683 wrote:

Yes, some phones imitate the numerous features and advantages of the Apple phone but there's still a price for it which the privacy, and people who don't care much about their privacy will use it without any issue after setting all the right security for their phone.

#7 2023-05-05 20:20:41

IyaJJJ

oba;7733 wrote:
full;7687 wrote:

Yes, some phones imitate the numerous features and advantages of the Apple phone but there's still a price for it which the privacy, and people who don't care much about their privacy will use it without any issue after setting all the right security for their phone.

There is no doubt about iPhones having great features and benefit in terms of functionalities but I never like their phone for a personal reason until the news broke out that there's Bitcoin code on the Mac computer.

#8 2023-05-05 20:24:32

thrive

IyaJJJ;7762 wrote:
oba;7733 wrote:

There is no doubt about iPhones having great features and benefit in terms of functionalities but I never like their phone for a personal reason until the news broke out that there's Bitcoin code on the Mac computer.

This is normal cause every like something for different reasons. Speaking of the reason why some people like the iPhone, some people like it just to showcase themselves as a big boy in front of girls because some girls don't like any guy that's not using the iPhone.
This may look funny but it's the truth.

#9 2023-05-05 20:28:09

oba

thrive;7763 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7762 wrote:
oba;7733 wrote:

This is normal cause every like something for different reasons. Speaking of the reason why some people like the iPhone, some people like it just to showcase themselves as a big boy in front of girls because some girls don't like any guy that's not using the iPhone.

You are totally connected buddy. This is mainly common in the US. If you're not using the iPhone girls believe you're a punk ass person that didn't match their standards.

#10 2023-05-05 20:29:59

IyaJJJ

oba;7764 wrote:
thrive;7763 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7762 wrote:

You are totally connected buddy. This is mainly common in the US. If you're not using the iPhone girls believe you're a punk ass person that didn't match their standards.

lol Some girls are funny though because I don't see the phone a guy is using to be the first impression of going on a date or giving him your number.

#11 2023-05-05 20:31:29

thrive

IyaJJJ;7765 wrote:
oba;7764 wrote:
thrive;7763 wrote:

lol Some girls are funny though because I don't see the phone a guy is using to be the first impression of going on a date or giving him your number.

To some girls it has to do with what the guy brings to the table and if he brings something that is worthwhile then is not the right person.

#12 2023-05-05 20:33:29

oba

thrive;7766 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7765 wrote:
oba;7764 wrote:

To some girls it has to do with what the guy brings to the table and if he brings something that is worthwhile then is not the right person.

Meanwhile people not focusing on something that's really needed is the reason why we see a lot of single moms and divorced men, etc. All because people don't focus on something that matters the most.

#13 2023-05-05 20:36:17

IyaJJJ

oba;7767 wrote:
thrive;7766 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7765 wrote:

Meanwhile people not focusing on something that's really needed is the reason why we see a lot of single moms and divorced men, etc. All because people don't focus on something that matters the most.

Yes, and it is sad because divorced marriage somehow impacts the life of the children. The children ought to have their father's and mother's love while growing up to make something positive for the environment and the community where he/she was raised.

#14 2023-05-05 20:38:10

thrive

IyaJJJ;7768 wrote:
oba;7767 wrote:
thrive;7766 wrote:

Yes, and it is sad because divorced marriage somehow impacts the life of the children. The children ought to have their father's and mother's love while growing up to make something positive for the environment and the community where he/she was raised.

It does impact our society because we have seen some kids who ought to be in high school that are into drugs and all bad activities that are affecting our society negatively.

#15 2023-05-05 20:41:36

oba

thrive;7769 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7768 wrote:
oba;7767 wrote:

It does impact our society because we have seen some kids who ought to be in high school that are into drugs and all bad activities that are affecting our society negatively.

Honestly is it a sad experience and I think our jury and relationship therapist have a lot of job to do in the couple or marriage aspect to work on something that will prevent further divorce marriage.

#16 2023-05-05 20:44:13

IyaJJJ

oba;7771 wrote:
thrive;7769 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7768 wrote:

Honestly is it a sad experience and I think our jury and relationship therapist have a lot of job to do in the couple or marriage aspect to work on something that will prevent further divorce marriage.

Yes, the relationship therapist needs to make their impact in finding solution to this issue but the people also have a huge important role to play to prevent further situation.

#17 2023-05-21 21:07:59

JONSNOWING

oba;7767 wrote:
thrive;7766 wrote:
IyaJJJ;7765 wrote:

Honestly, they pay attention to opinions and talks, lifestyle and material things that does not matter, hence they’re left with fake guys which can cause regrets , Life on itself is intellectual not what one looks like all day

#18 2023-05-21 23:59:20

level

JONSNOWING;9582 wrote:
oba;7767 wrote:
thrive;7766 wrote:

Honestly, they pay attention to opinions and talks, lifestyle and material things that does not matter, hence they’re left with fake guys which can cause regrets , Life on itself is intellectual not what one looks like all day

Yes, life is at some point not intellectual like what believe it will be

Board footer