uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-05-11 23:03:24

full

Re: Twitter is now offering encrypted direct messages to verified users.

joanna;8251 wrote:
full;8249 wrote:
joanna;8248 wrote:

Speaking of Twitter encrypted messaging I did some research and I find out that "if the private key of a registered device was compromised, an attacker would be able to decrypt all of the encrypted messages that were sent and received by that device"

I guess this explains the reason why the company never discloses the exact method they used to secure the user's conversations. Honestly centralized platforms are worse.

The sad thing is that they claimed they employ a combination of strong cryptographic schemes to encrypt user's messages, links, and reactions.

Oh. That's not good. Let's wait until the project's official launch since it will be open-sourced later this year since it will allow further analysis to check whether the encrypted chat contents remain encrypted.

#27 2023-05-18 15:46:27

crpuusd

full;8249 wrote:
joanna;8248 wrote:
full;8247 wrote:

Who won't be happy about this announcement? After Elon Musk sacked a lot of Twitter workers, the social media service was sloppy sometimes and different issues happened at some point. I am sure a lot of people will be happy.

Speaking of Twitter encrypted messaging I did some research and I find out that "if the private key of a registered device was compromised, an attacker would be able to decrypt all of the encrypted messages that were sent and received by that device"

I guess this explains the reason why the company never discloses the exact method they used to secure the user's conversations. Honestly centralized platforms are worse.

i think the encryption method was to avoid the threat on user privacy, getting to understand that Elon musk  seem to have some threat on its project as he faces various challenges

#28 2023-05-18 23:40:57

thrive

crpuusd;9002 wrote:
full;8249 wrote:
joanna;8248 wrote:

i think the encryption method was to avoid the threat on user privacy, getting to understand that Elon musk  seem to have some threat on its project as he faces various challenges

Elon Musk is a man that cant be totally trusted and apart from that the encryption method that will be used with Twitter social media is not have encrypted features at all it is just a scam for encrypted chat using the Utopia app client.

#29 2023-05-20 18:16:07

JONSNOWING

joanna;8248 wrote:
full;8247 wrote:
IyaJJJ;8209 wrote:

That's cool and I am sure a lot of people will be happy about this announcement while some will be sad but I hope this announcement is for real this time because the guy can be unpredictable sometimes.

Who won't be happy about this announcement? After Elon Musk sacked a lot of Twitter workers, the social media service was sloppy sometimes and different issues happened at some point. I am sure a lot of people will be happy.

But is there no way to block access to that device before the attacker thinks of decrypting the messages like deleting old messages through a third party device or two factor authentications?

#30 2023-06-01 22:38:21

Europ

joanna;8251 wrote:
full;8249 wrote:
joanna;8248 wrote:

The sad thing is that they claimed they employ a combination of strong cryptographic schemes to encrypt user's messages, links, and reactions.

its better not to make a lot of enemies when you have something to protect, Elon Musk has face some expected misfortune after the lay off of  workers.

#31 2023-06-03 15:48:54

Comrade

Europ;11408 wrote:
joanna;8251 wrote:
full;8249 wrote:

its better not to make a lot of enemies when you have something to protect, Elon Musk has face some expected misfortune after the lay off of  workers.

Its essential that we all should strive to make things works in accordance of peace making and to keep the work force flow.

#32 2023-06-03 23:06:39

Europ

Comrade;11673 wrote:
Europ;11408 wrote:
joanna;8251 wrote:

Its essential that we all should strive to make things works in accordance of peace making and to keep the work force flow.

You keither way there is a moderator or not we are all expected to play our part in supporting the great movement of the P2P unit.

#33 2023-06-03 23:29:00

full

Comrade;11673 wrote:
Europ;11408 wrote:
joanna;8251 wrote:

You have a point about making peace but Elon Musk is man that never care about that when it comes to business and he only believes in working today as a team and giving your best.

#34 2023-06-03 23:29:34

joanna

full;11837 wrote:
Comrade;11673 wrote:
Europ;11408 wrote:

You have a point about making peace but Elon Musk is man that never care about that when it comes to business and he only believes in working today as a team and giving your best.

One of the things Elon Musk doesn't like is working from home and from what i believe the Twitter workers he lay off could be among those that work remotely since he never like that.

#35 2023-06-03 23:29:55

thrive

joanna;11838 wrote:
full;11837 wrote:
Comrade;11673 wrote:

One of the things Elon Musk doesn't like is working from home and from what i believe the Twitter workers he lay off could be among those that work remotely since he never like that.

Yes, I watched one of the interview videos on CNBC where he said he believes people are more productive when working in person than working remotely.

#36 2023-06-03 23:30:21

IyaJJJ

thrive;11839 wrote:
joanna;11838 wrote:
full;11837 wrote:

Yes, I watched one of the interview videos on CNBC where he said he believes people are more productive when working in person than working remotely.

I think he was right in some areas and from some angles he's totally wrong because working remotely in some areas is the best way to be productive.

#37 2023-06-03 23:30:41

level

IyaJJJ;11840 wrote:
thrive;11839 wrote:
joanna;11838 wrote:

I think he was right in some areas and from some angles he's totally wrong because working remotely in some areas is the best way to be productive.

No matter the things he (Elon Musk) believes or not he also damaged the reputation of Twitter through his restricted rules and unexpect ban of user account.

#38 2023-06-04 19:52:23

Comrade

level;11841 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11840 wrote:
thrive;11839 wrote:

No matter the things he (Elon Musk) believes or not he also damaged the reputation of Twitter through his restricted rules and unexpect ban of user account.

Its has turn out to be of a great lost to him so far, his irrational behavior  has brought up misfortune to him.

#39 2023-06-04 21:58:13

CrytoCynthia

One thing I would never do is trust services of social media application and twitter is one of them the big truth is that they are not what the paint themselves to be and they aren't really secured and privacy conscious.

#40 2023-06-05 18:50:44

full

Comrade;11941 wrote:
level;11841 wrote:
IyaJJJ;11840 wrote:

Its has turn out to be of a great lost to him so far, his irrational behavior  has brought up misfortune to him.

It does bring up misfortune to him if not for the cryptocurrency Twitter community won't have voted him out as the Twitter CEO and sure people are happy with how Twitter is operated after Elon Musk step down.

#41 2023-06-05 19:27:13

crpuusd

full;12123 wrote:
Comrade;11941 wrote:
level;11841 wrote:

It does bring up misfortune to him if not for the cryptocurrency Twitter community won't have voted him out as the Twitter CEO and sure people are happy with how Twitter is operated after Elon Musk step down.

Why wont he step down, we 've already see the how worst things have get for him and perhaps its billions dollars jet project that crash at first flight is one of the most shocking crisis ever heard.

#42 2023-06-05 22:44:11

IyaJJJ

full;12123 wrote:
Comrade;11941 wrote:
level;11841 wrote:

#43 2023-06-05 23:57:23

thrive

IyaJJJ;12230 wrote:
full;12123 wrote:
Comrade;11941 wrote:

I don't know in what sense you guys are talking about Elon Musk's irrational behavior bringing him misfortune because i don't see any misfortune on him and for the record he has made the money he invested on social media.

#44 2023-06-05 23:57:42

Vastextension

thrive;12288 wrote:
IyaJJJ;12230 wrote:
full;12123 wrote:

I don't know in what sense you guys are talking about Elon Musk's irrational behavior bringing him misfortune because i don't see any misfortune on him and for the record he has made the money he invested on social media.

Yes, Elon Musk didn't have any misfortune in the aspect of making money through social media but I think the misfortune they were talking about is him losing his position as CEO.

#45 2023-06-05 23:58:12

level

Vastextension;12289 wrote:
thrive;12288 wrote:
IyaJJJ;12230 wrote:

Yes, Elon Musk didn't have any misfortune in the aspect of making money through social media but I think the misfortune they were talking about is him losing his position as CEO.

I totally agree about Elon Musk's irrational behavior is the reason why he loses his position. From what I see he's not needed and his car factory is the best place for him.

#46 2023-06-06 21:33:18

oba

level;12290 wrote:
thrive;12288 wrote:

I totally agree about Elon Musk's irrational behavior is the reason why he loses his position. From what I see he's not needed and his car factory is the best place for him.

I want to talk about Elon Musk losing his CEO job. Before he promoted Dogecoin on Twitter to raise money quickly, I think he was already aware of this.

#47 2023-06-06 21:33:38

Vastextension

oba;12390 wrote:
level;12290 wrote:

I want to talk about Elon Musk losing his CEO job. Before he promoted Dogecoin on Twitter to raise money quickly, I think he was already aware of this.

Yes, he is already aware of everything and I am sure no genuine Twitter user will like how he operate everything when he was on Twitter to the extent of making some celebrity lose their blue ticker mark.

#48 2023-06-06 21:34:00

thrive

Vastextension;12391 wrote:
oba;12390 wrote:
level;12290 wrote:

Yes, he is already aware of everything and I am sure no genuine Twitter user will like how he operate everything when he was on Twitter to the extent of making some celebrity lose their blue ticker mark.

About the encrypted direct message Elon Musk said Twitter will have I don't think it can be trusted based on how centralized platforms are operated.

#49 2023-06-06 21:50:21

joanna

thrive;12392 wrote:
oba;12390 wrote:

About the encrypted direct message Elon Musk said Twitter will have I don't think it can be trusted based on how centralized platforms are operated.

A centralized platform can never be trusted to be free from manipulation, and the government may utilize Twitter's new encrypted message concept as a means of accessing users' private and secret communications.

#50 2023-06-06 21:50:42

Vastextension

joanna;12416 wrote:
thrive;12392 wrote:

A centralized platform can never be trusted to be free from manipulation, and the government may utilize Twitter's new encrypted message concept as a means of accessing users' private and secret communications.

Elon Musk himself has claimed that the government had access to some of Twitter users' private communications under the previous Chief's administration.

Board footer