uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-06-06 21:51:04

thrive

Re: Twitter is now offering encrypted direct messages to verified users.

Vastextension;12417 wrote:
joanna;12416 wrote:
thrive;12392 wrote:

About the encrypted direct message Elon Musk said Twitter will have I don't think it can be trusted based on how centralized platforms are operated.

A centralized platform can never be trusted to be free from manipulation, and the government may utilize Twitter's new encrypted message concept as a means of accessing users' private and secret communications.

Elon Musk himself has claimed that the government had access to some of Twitter users' private communications under the previous Chief's administration.

I don't see anything stopping this from happening now through Twitter's new encrypted messages. This may be the reason for the creation of encrypted messaging.

#52 2023-06-06 21:51:23

oba

thrive;12418 wrote:
joanna;12416 wrote:

A centralized platform can never be trusted to be free from manipulation, and the government may utilize Twitter's new encrypted message concept as a means of accessing users' private and secret communications.

Elon Musk himself has claimed that the government had access to some of Twitter users' private communications under the previous Chief's administration.

I don't see anything stopping this from happening now through Twitter's new encrypted messages. This may be the reason for the creation of encrypted messaging.

You can't rely on every centralized network that provides private communication, therefore this clearly supports the opinion I had about the idea of Twitter's encrypted messaging transmission. I'm happy to know about UtopiaP2P.

#53 2023-06-06 22:02:27

Comrade

oba;12419 wrote:
thrive;12418 wrote:

You can't rely on every centralized network that provides private communication, therefore this clearly supports the opinion I had about the idea of Twitter's encrypted messaging transmission. I'm happy to know about UtopiaP2P.

When it was said that Utopia p2p ecosystem is the future host of every users, now its coming to play as Twitter emulate the decentralized options.

Board footer