uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2022-02-22 17:46:32

Cromanes

Re: Only in English?

Gordon;1679 wrote:

If an Aidrop, then a simple and interesting one, so that it would be easy to win the hearts of the people.

I would also like to know how to make them work to make this airdrop work.

#27 2022-02-22 17:47:55

Cromanes

Gordon;1678 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>Cromanes;1677 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>&lt;div class=&quot;quotebox&quot;&gt;&lt;cite&gt;Nelagorn;1655 wrote:&lt;/cite&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;p&gt;basically what I wanted to say is that the airdrop is a very good hook to attract new users, so I think it would be a great idea to have one in Spanish.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;p&gt;As a representative of the Russian community I will say that there is its own complicated specifics, but if you want to conduct an Aidrop you can contact me about this, and perhaps it is you with our help will be able to conduct. Write in messenger Telegram.&lt;br /&gt;Here are my contacts: @motus_persona&lt;/p&gt;</p></div></blockquote></div><div class="quotebox"><cite>Cromanes;1677 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>&lt;div class=&quot;quotebox&quot;&gt;&lt;cite&gt;Nelagorn;1655 wrote:&lt;/cite&gt;&lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;div&gt;&lt;p&gt;basically what I wanted to say is that the airdrop is a very good hook to attract new users, so I think it would be a great idea to have one in Spanish.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;p&gt;As a representative of the Russian community I will say that there is its own complicated specifics, but if you want to conduct an Aidrop you can contact me about this, and perhaps it is you with our help will be able to conduct. Write in messenger Telegram.&lt;br /&gt;Here are my contacts: @motus_persona&lt;/p&gt;</p></div></blockquote></div><p>Ahahahahah, you look good as a PR manager.</p>

Oh, come on. I am only interested in the liquidity of the ecosystem and its coin.

#28 2022-06-19 05:54:21

N3koSempai

Liceus;1009 wrote:

<p>Also a translation tool migh be good no? I mean we have servarl tools but none are in teh ecosystem yet right?</p>

It would be nice to implement a translation tool available for most utopia platforms without having to recreate it every time. maybe via api calls

I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

#29 2022-09-04 05:27:49

Cromanes

N3koSempai;1823 wrote:

It would be nice to implement a translation tool available for most utopia platforms without having to recreate it every time. maybe via api calls

And will it work steadily and without loading the barely breathing utopia network?

#30 2022-09-19 19:03:22

Alpha

migyolman;958 wrote:

<p>Are you going to create a room for people who speak other languages such as Spanish? Or is it mandatory to write only in English?</p><p>Thank you</p>

Someone has already created a Spanish room in the Utopia app and English is mandatory in other channels.

#31 2022-12-21 22:38:49

Vastextension

Alpha;1901 wrote:
migyolman;958 wrote:

<p>Are you going to create a room for people who speak other languages such as Spanish? Or is it mandatory to write only in English?</p><p>Thank you</p>

Someone has already created a Spanish room in the Utopia app and English is mandatory in other channels.

Someone? There are a lot of local channels on the Utopia app client and on here if that's what the creator of this topic is talking about. There's a discussion created in the Russian language on this forum in the Local Forums aka Borderless Society created by the admin.

#32 2022-12-23 12:15:09

CrytoCynthia

Good afternoon everyone I was seeing lots of talks about local boards but what are some of the current local boards on the forum now and I have a suggestion also for some interesting local boards is there any chance that we can get any local board brought into the forum so far.

#33 2022-12-23 14:09:28

Vastextension

CrytoCynthia;2079 wrote:

Good afternoon everyone I was seeing lots of talks about local boards but what are some of the current local boards on the forum now and I have a suggestion also for some interesting local boards is there any chance that we can get any local board brought into the forum so far.

There's already a local board although the board is yet to gain more use and all local language discussion are on a single board. However, in the future, every local language may have a separate board.

#34 2022-12-25 15:43:38

Kelechi

I have searched for a local board here and I am yet to see anyone! Maybe I am not just checking rightly but if you have any one pls share, there are local channels on the Utopia's application

#35 2022-12-26 08:57:48

KAMSI_UG

Hi guys, am Cynthia and am new to the forum.
Thought the forum was all English, well I have interest in other languages too and I look forward to find a French board here

#36 2022-12-26 18:00:49

Vastextension

Kelechi;2110 wrote:

I have searched for a local board here and I am yet to see anyone! Maybe I am not just checking rightly but if you have any one pls share, there are local channels on the Utopia's application

I am surprised you guys said you don't see the local board when I have already provided the link to the local in the previous message I posted above. Please read my message and click the message in blue it will direct you to the local board.

#37 2022-12-28 14:17:54

CrytoCynthia

But if you ask me there a lot of tutorials videos that are made in English and has really helped many, since Utopia p2p is universal they should also support more language options here on their forum

#38 2023-01-04 21:20:38

thrive

CrytoCynthia;2244 wrote:

But if you ask me there a lot of tutorials videos that are made in English and has really helped many, since Utopia p2p is universal they should also support more language options here on their forum

If you're talking about the videos on Youtube, I don't think there's a reason for making the video in more languages since there are more language translation options on Youtube for every video. However, it depends on the video uploader setting for language translation of the video.

#39 2023-01-06 17:14:02

Camavinga

A section for local languages would make so much sense, it will help people find their countrymen easily here, it would also help those who are not good in English language to learn about utopia in their local language. For now though, i don’t think the uTalk admin would be considering this because of low traffic, once there is a spike in traffic i expect local sections to follow.

#40 2023-01-06 17:29:44

KingCRP

Camavinga;2513 wrote:

A section for local languages would make so much sense, it will help people find their countrymen easily here, it would also help those who are not good in English language to learn about utopia in their local language. For now though, i don’t think the uTalk admin would be considering this because of low traffic, once there is a spike in traffic i expect local sections to follow.

A section where people can have different languages makes a whole lot of sense but to be honest the forum is still growing and I think we should first build the forum using English first before we talk about having a language channel.

#41 2023-01-06 21:10:20

JONSNOWING

The Utopia's application has channels for other languages, and also the option for quick creation of channels so a member of a particular language can create one and be translating articles from English into there.

#42 2023-01-07 22:12:00

Camavinga

KingCRP;2516 wrote:

A section where people can have different languages makes a whole lot of sense but to be honest the forum is still growing and I think we should first build the forum using English first before we talk about having a language channel.

I believe the level of traffic in the forum now is the reason why there is no local section, but remember that the forum is already built on one language which is English, thus rather than waiting for traffic before adding a local section, they could add a local section that might attract more people to the forum because they would find it much easier.

#43 2023-01-08 16:56:35

KAMSI_UG

Camavinga;2581 wrote:
KingCRP;2516 wrote:

I believe the level of traffic in the forum now is the reason why there is no local section, but remember that the forum is already built on one language which is English, thus rather than waiting for traffic before adding a local section, they could add a local section that might attract more people to the forum because they would find it much easier.

Yes that’s true there is low traffic and many people that are active here are fluent in English language already so right now the local board would have to come in later.

#44 2023-01-09 19:01:03

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;2608 wrote:

Yes that’s true there is low traffic and many people that are active here are fluent in English language already so right now the local board would have to come in later.

There is no forum that started immediately with so much traffic, gradually traffic would come to the forum, as long as the forum does what’s right there would definitely be traffic. We just need a way to make UTalk popular, once it is popular there would be traffic, and we would definitely get there.

#45 2023-01-10 19:52:28

full

Camavinga;2672 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2608 wrote:

There is no forum that started immediately with so much traffic, gradually traffic would come to the forum, as long as the forum does what’s right there would definitely be traffic. We just need a way to make UTalk popular, once it is popular there would be traffic, and we would definitely get there.

I also support the idea of putting on hold the creation or adding a local language board to this forum since the forum at some point only has 1-5 visitors in a day.

#46 2023-03-11 18:55:01

Cat

hello everyone, why only in english?

#47 2023-03-12 14:38:25

Cat

Stormone1;1012 wrote:

k there are enough spanish speakers using utopia,
I hope someone will create a thread and publish the news.
If in a few months time no one will do it, I think I'll create one myself.

migyolman if you are interested in creating it I can help you.

Why is this a good way to learn English?

#48 2023-03-14 21:17:37

Kelechi

full;2746 wrote:
Camavinga;2672 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;2608 wrote:

I also support the idea of putting on hold the creation or adding a local language board to this forum since the forum at some point only has 1-5 visitors in a day.

Let's not rush the process personal right now there is no need for a local board, we are cool with the current English board the local board can come in when there are much traffic in the ecosystem.

#49 2023-03-15 07:27:01

Camavinga

Cat;5321 wrote:

Because there are no local boards for now, if there were local sections then members will post in their local sections using their local languages, but for now there is just the main board, and the language used for the discussion is in English, if you make a post in another language, i think the moderator will delete it, and even it they don’t, you may not get responses because many members may not speak the language you used.

#50 2023-03-15 17:57:09

Lanistergame2

Cat;5321 wrote:

It somehow winds up as the predominant language cause it is the most popular by spread across the globe and not number of users speaking it. Platforms usually use English as the default and the create local boards for the different languages, hopefully we have such boards in the future on uTalk.

Board footer