uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#26 2023-01-16 14:05:26

full

Re: Helpful Resources for Developers

Camavinga;3168 wrote:
full;3097 wrote:

Privacy coins aren't just for people who want to keep their financial activities secret; they're also perfect for people who want to avoid Detection & Rejection (DAR) attacks. These are types of attacks where pseudonymous attackers try to trick real users into giving up their personal information by making fake requests for login credentials or account data. By using a privacy coin, you can make it much more difficult for someone else to guess your identity and steal your money or assets.

I have not heard of a type of attack with this exact name, though i know there are many types of cypto attacks with different names, and sometimes we might not even need privacy coins to stay safe, but to be smart and know how to correctly use our crypto and protect it from thieves, crypto users should know that they should never give anyone their personal information, no matter how well the scam was presented to them. But if using privacy coins helps you to stay safe, then please use it.

Detection & Rejection (DAR) attacks can be classified as attacks that can't be seen or noticed but can be prevented through certain precautions and privacy services and the use of good internet security like Kaspersky is one of them.

#27 2023-01-17 23:36:13

thrive

Camavinga;3262 wrote:
thrive;3211 wrote:

There's no way you can want to total security online and exclude privacy.

Privacy and anonymity are crucial aspects of online security, when someone can’t trace you or doesn’t know anything about your transactions or crypto activities, it is very difficult for them to scam you. But if you go all around telling people you own crypto and the amount you own, they can use it against you. Always keep your crypto activities to yourself, even if you use privacy coins.

For this reason, privacy cannot be disregarded when security is of the utmost importance. I have also observed some users of cryptocurrencies who publicly share their accomplishments by posting screenshots of their portfolios on Reddit .
What do you think about the idea of telling our partner (wife/husband) private wallet information?

#28 2023-01-18 16:03:07

Detroit

Camavinga;3262 wrote:

Privacy and anonymity are crucial aspects of online security, when someone can’t trace you or doesn’t know anything about your transactions or crypto activities, it is very difficult for them to scam you. But if you go all around telling people you own crypto and the amount you own, they can use it against you. Always keep your crypto activities to yourself, even if you use privacy coins.

Most newbies don't know what to share. They go online to get information and they end up getting the wrong one. They need a forum like this so they can learn some safety tips on cryptocurrency so they don't make such a deadly mistake.

#29 2023-01-18 21:13:09

joanna

Detroit;3463 wrote:
Camavinga;3262 wrote:

Most newbies don't know what to share. They go online to get information and they end up getting the wrong one. They need a forum like this so they can learn some safety tips on cryptocurrency so they don't make such a deadly mistake.

The issue with beginners is that they frequently get involved in activities that will be more detrimental to them than beneficial, particularly those who use social media sites that are subject to regulation because those sites eventually sell the user data they collect. Facebook is a prime example.

#30 2023-01-19 13:17:25

thrive

joanna;3526 wrote:
Detroit;3463 wrote:
Camavinga;3262 wrote:

The issue with beginners is that they frequently get involved in activities that will be more detrimental to them than beneficial, particularly those who use social media sites that are subject to regulation because those sites eventually sell the user data they collect. Facebook is a prime example.

Speaking of the Facebook ever since they link the private chat information of the Oregon lady to the authority last is the moment I understand the danger in using regulated social media especially for those that save password and login details online.

#31 2023-01-19 13:25:37

Detroit

joanna;3526 wrote:

Many users need to understand that they should be careful about what they post online or save.
Just as you said many of these apps or sites sell our information to the dark web. The worst of them all is google.

#32 2023-01-19 18:20:36

Dozie

I will like to know the type of activities beginners get them selves involved in that can affect them negatively so that I can avoid those activities

#33 2023-01-23 20:11:10

Detroit

Dozie;3613 wrote:

I will like to know the type of activities beginners get them selves involved in that can affect them negatively so that I can avoid those activities

Many things can affect you negatively if you don't do these things:
Not asking the right questions.
Jumping from one link to another.
Be willing to learn.

#34 2023-01-25 16:41:53

thrive

Dozie;3613 wrote:

The things beginners get themselves involved which literally affected them negatively only focus on the benefit of the project in terms of profit making while they ignore the story behind the project creation, concept, advantages, and disadvantages of the project.

#35 2023-01-25 22:25:21

IyaJJJ

Detroit;3793 wrote:
Dozie;3613 wrote:

Many things can affect you negatively if you don't do these things:
Not asking the right questions.
Jumping from one link to another.
Be willing to learn.

As a new user, I am willing to learn about the privacy aspect of this project, especially after I have to know the benefit of privacy and I would like to know the right thing I need to know.

#36 2023-01-27 15:13:19

Detroit

IyaJJJ;3826 wrote:

As a new user, I am willing to learn about the privacy aspect of this project, especially after I have to know the benefit of privacy and I would like to know the right thing I need to know.

There is no sweet thing as having your privacy.
It shows a bit of reservedness and porch. 
It keeps your transactions confidential, and secured and also protects you from intruders like the government.  Sometimes the government can order to free your bank account but it's not possible with crypto currency because of the anonymity it offers.

#37 2023-01-27 17:14:12

Dozie

I am new here and I will like to know the benefit of privacy and what the privacy aspect of this project is all about

#38 2023-01-27 18:26:26

thrive

Dozie;3850 wrote:

I am new here and I will like to know the benefit of privacy and what the privacy aspect of this project is all about

The benefit of privacy is getting the needed protection, liberation, and safety of funds. The privacy aspect focus focused by this project is enormous because the ecosystem is expanding and provide privacy in every setting.

#39 2023-01-27 21:03:24

joanna

Detroit;3832 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3826 wrote:

It keeps your transactions confidential, and secured and also protects you from intruders like the government.  Sometimes the government can order to free your bank account but it's not possible with crypto currency because of the anonymity it offers.

That's correct and privacy also put people in control of their life and funds instead of being manipulated or abused by big brother or online theft whose motives are always cheating and selling people's private information.

#40 2023-01-27 22:48:25

IyaJJJ

Detroit;3832 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3826 wrote:

There are some of the major reasons why I believe I need the Utopia p2p project and I am glad what I see when I join the project is beyond my expectation. Which part of the project do you like the most?

#41 2023-01-28 20:25:24

Detroit

IyaJJJ;3933 wrote:

There are some of the major reasons why I believe I need the Utopia p2p project and I am glad what I see when I join the project is beyond my expectation. Which part of the project do you like the most?

I think I like the utopia p2p projects and also the gaming side.
It's very a very fun place to be. I enjoy being in those places all the time. Probably you should make out time and check the game side.

#42 2023-01-30 21:13:46

IyaJJJ

Detroit;3962 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3933 wrote:

It's very a very fun place to be. I enjoy being in those places all the time. Probably you should make out time and check the game side.

Thanks for the advice. I have checked the game side of the ecosystem and I like the theme but the game they have there are not favorites.

#43 2023-02-04 17:40:10

full

Detroit;3962 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3933 wrote:

Speaking of the game you guys can also the ongoing Utopia p2p poker game review for a chance to win an awesome CRP coin but if you're not a poker player you search for tutorials on Youtube.

#44 2023-02-04 19:10:30

SGL

cool Examples of projects, libraries to the API, libraries to the exchange and other documentation. All in one place
uDocs: https://udocs.gitbook.io

Crypton/UUSD donation for new developments: F50AF5410B1F3F4297043F0E046F205BCBAA76BEC70E936EB0F3AB94BF316804

#45 2023-02-04 19:40:13

Detroit

SGL;4624 wrote:

cool Examples of projects, libraries to the API, libraries to the exchange and other documentation. All in one place

Are those donations to libraries? Those are great ass ideas.  it's really good to know someone cares about libraries. At least people who are not wealthy can borrow books from libraries and read without having to pay.

#46 2023-02-04 22:57:22

level

full;4605 wrote:
Detroit;3962 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3933 wrote:

Speaking of the game you guys can also the ongoing Utopia p2p poker game review for a chance to win an awesome CRP coin but if you're not a poker player you search for tutorials on Youtube.

That's awesome since I am a poker game enthusiast I can join the contest to win some Crypton since I have never been lucky with the Utopia p2p campaign on Twitter.

#47 2023-02-04 23:01:44

joanna

SGL;4624 wrote:

I like the information I see in the site link you provided but what I don't understand is if this project library is created by you or the Utopia p2p development team because there seem to be a lot of independent users working for the greater good of this project.

#48 2023-02-04 23:04:49

thrive

full;4605 wrote:
Detroit;3962 wrote:
IyaJJJ;3933 wrote:

Are you for real? Where do you find this game because I don't see any poker game review on the Utopia application client or the Utopia announcement telegram group?

#49 2023-02-04 23:27:49

joanna

thrive;4717 wrote:
full;4605 wrote:
Detroit;3962 wrote:

Are you for real? Where do you find this game because I don't see any poker game review on the Utopia application client or the Utopia announcement telegram group?

The Utopia p2p poker game review contest was not hosted on the Utopia application client that's why the announcement was not made on the telegram and application client. However, some users have posted the contest link. Just check the utopia poker room now.

#50 2023-02-07 21:51:42

full

joanna;4722 wrote:
thrive;4717 wrote:
full;4605 wrote:

The Utopia p2p poker game review contest was not hosted on the Utopia application client that's why the announcement was not made on the telegram and application client. However, some users have posted the contest link. Just check the utopia poker room now.

Sort of, the contest that game is hosted on the Utopia application client game while the review announcement was out of the Utopia ecosystem just to trigger cryptocurrency gamblers.

Board footer