uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#76 2023-03-16 17:42:26

thrive

Re: What do you enjoy doing outside of crypto?

Kelechi;5619 wrote:

Well since the cryptocurrency market is still trying to figure out a way to hit the bull run I pass the time on the Utopia p2p Poker game table and it's super fun for me.

There's no doubt about having fun through poker games since it is a type of game in which players compete to see who has the best hand according to the rules of the game.

#77 2023-03-16 17:49:55

Lanistergame2

thrive;5236 wrote:

You said, you're into crypto for 5years are you into day trading?

No, I am not into day trading, but I understand that it can lead to an addiction if someone gets to invested in it.

Day trading does not mean one has to do it daily or throughout the entire day. Moderating the time you spend on your computer trading would help to reduce the chances of someone getting addicted. Having some other hobby also goes a long way to help.

#78 2023-03-16 18:32:03

Cat

Kelechi;5619 wrote:

<p>Well since the cryptocurrency market is still trying to figure out a way to hit the bull run I pass the time on the Utopia p2p Poker game table and it&#039;s super fun for me.</p>

How often do you play and how often do you win?

#79 2023-03-16 19:15:30

Detroit

I have not played poker game in a while. I was hoping there might be some new changes. Did anyone notice any changes if yes, what are the changes? The poker game is getting a bit more enjoyable as of late though.

#80 2023-03-16 22:20:04

thrive

Lanistergame2;5658 wrote:
thrive;5236 wrote:

You said, you're into crypto for 5years are you into day trading?

No, I am not into day trading, but I understand that it can lead to an addiction if someone gets to invested in it.

Day trading does not mean one has to do it daily or throughout the entire day. Moderating the time you spend on your computer trading would help to reduce the chances of someone getting addicted. Having some other hobby also goes a long way to help.

Yes, day trading does not involve doing cryptocurrency trading for the whole day but it's a habit of trading cryptocurrency every single day it might trading that has to do with some seconds but the trader will be involved in trade every day. That's why it's called day trading

#81 2023-03-16 22:20:58

full

thrive;5657 wrote:
Kelechi;5619 wrote:

Well since the cryptocurrency market is still trying to figure out a way to hit the bull run I pass the time on the Utopia p2p Poker game table and it's super fun for me.

There's no doubt about having fun through poker games since it is a type of game in which players compete to see who has the best hand according to the rules of the game.

I want to know if it possible for some changes can be made to the Utopia Poker client. There would be an interested community that plays poker tournaments frequently, so this could be run as a promotional campaign. But the client currently lacks some critical features.

#82 2023-03-16 22:21:46

IyaJJJ

full;5745 wrote:
thrive;5657 wrote:
Kelechi;5619 wrote:

I want to know if it possible for some changes can be made to the Utopia Poker client. There would be an interested community that plays poker tournaments frequently, so this could be run as a promotional campaign. But the client currently lacks some critical features.

I like what you said because it will help the UtopiaP2P poker community grow and gain more traffic. Why don't you ask this question in the Utopia Poker channel  https://utopia.im/poker

#83 2023-03-16 22:22:24

joanna

IyaJJJ;5746 wrote:
full;5745 wrote:
thrive;5657 wrote:

I like what you said because it will help the UtopiaP2P poker community grow and gain more traffic. Why don't you ask this question in the Utopia Poker channel  https://utopia.im/poker

I also support the idea for I think the best way to get an answer to this is by contacting the developer team directly on the support.u.is link not the channel moderator if the idea looks good to them you could get a reward for it.

#84 2023-03-17 01:54:13

level

Cat;5662 wrote:
Kelechi;5619 wrote:

<p>Well since the cryptocurrency market is still trying to figure out a way to hit the bull run I pass the time on the Utopia p2p Poker game table and it&#039;s super fun for me.</p>

How often do you play and how often do you win?

This is serious that it will be hard to answer for someone who's a fan of the poker game to answer and it is like you asking someone how many time he breathe in oxygen in a day.

#85 2023-03-17 02:11:18

oba

full;5745 wrote:
thrive;5657 wrote:
Kelechi;5619 wrote:

Nothing is impossible buddy we dream about it, and work hard towards achieving it. Since the Utopia project is somehow created in a community-driven way. We should expect the developer team to do something about the Utopia poker client but for i like what i see.

#86 2023-03-17 16:18:50

Detroit

full;5745 wrote:
thrive;5657 wrote:
Kelechi;5619 wrote:

This is a very good idea. This will help to motivate both current and new recruit players there by boosting the overall traffic of the poker game. Also, this will help the south a level of publicity.

#87 2023-03-17 18:12:13

Cat

Detroit;5802 wrote:

<div class="quotebox"><cite>full;5745 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>thrive;5657 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><div class="quotebox"><cite>Kelechi;5619 wrote:</cite><blockquote><div><p>Well since the cryptocurrency market is still trying to figure out a way to hit the bull run I pass the time on the Utopia p2p Poker game table and it&#039;s super fun for me.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>There&#039;s no doubt about having fun through poker games since it is a type of game in which players compete to see who has the best hand according to the rules of the game.</p></div></blockquote></div><p>I want to know if it possible for some changes can be made to the Utopia Poker client. There would be an interested community that plays poker tournaments frequently, so this could be run as a promotional campaign. But the client currently lacks some critical features.</p></div></blockquote></div><br /><p>This is a very good idea. This will help to motivate both current and new recruit players there by boosting the overall traffic of the poker game. Also, this will help the south a level of publicity.</p>

I totally agree with you, it's a great idea

#88 2023-03-17 18:26:02

Lanistergame2

thrive;5744 wrote:

Yes, day trading does not involve doing cryptocurrency trading for the whole day but it's a habit of trading cryptocurrency every single day it might trading that has to do with some seconds but the trader will be involved in trade every day. That's why it's called day trading

I understand the concept pf how day trading works and where it gets its name from. I was only pointing out as I have been from my first reply that it is perfectly possible to do it efficiently without getting addicted to it.

It is easy to get addicted to and fall into unhealthy hours of trading per day but if on has a strong resolve, they can resist it and find other things to occupy their time.

#89 2023-03-17 18:30:39

Camavinga

IyaJJJ;5746 wrote:

Wow, i didn’t know Utopia had a Poker channel, this is a useful link and thank you for sharing it to the community. I am not too interested in playing games on the Utopia ecosystem, i am more interested in stuff like CRP mining and the rest of them. But this link would be very beneficial because a lot of people have been asking questions about the Poker game on this thread, so maybe they can now ask some of their questions in the poker channel.

#90 2023-03-17 19:49:42

full

oba;5789 wrote:
full;5745 wrote:
thrive;5657 wrote:

Nothing is impossible buddy we dream about it, and work hard towards achieving it. Since the Utopia project is somehow created in a community-driven way. We should expect the developer team to do something about the Utopia poker client but for i like what i see.

I believe the developer team is the number one enthusiast of this project but is it possible for them to see this suggestion?

Detroit;5802 wrote:
full;5745 wrote:
thrive;5657 wrote:

This is a very good idea. This will help to motivate both current and new recruit players there by boosting the overall traffic of the poker game. Also, this will help the south a level of publicity.

Glad to see that most of you guys like the idea cause i did a lot of thinking about the poker game when i see some user finding it difficult to see players on the table.

#91 2023-03-17 19:53:12

level

full;5832 wrote:
oba;5789 wrote:
full;5745 wrote:

I believe the developer team is the number one enthusiast of this project but is it possible for them to see this suggestion?

Hope you're not judging the developer level of work on this forum base on the traffic because the developer team of the UtopiaP2P is seeing every message and discussion of this forum. Since your suggestion is for the advancement of this forum i believe they will work on it.

Last edited by level (2023-03-17 19:55:47)

#92 2023-03-17 20:06:20

thrive

Lanistergame2;5811 wrote:
thrive;5744 wrote:

I understand the concept pf how day trading works and where it gets its name from. I was only pointing out as I have been from my first reply that it is perfectly possible to do it efficiently without getting addicted to it.

It is easy to get addicted to and fall into unhealthy hours of trading per day but if on has a strong resolve, they can resist it and find other things to occupy their time.

Ok. You have a point cause nothing in this world that man overdoes that won't lead to addiction or an unhealthy result but I don't understand what you're trying to say when you said "but if on has a strong resolve, they can resist it and find other things to occupy their time."

#93 2023-03-17 20:09:57

full

level;5833 wrote:
full;5832 wrote:
oba;5789 wrote:

Hope you're not judging the developer level of work on this forum base on the traffic because the developer team of the UtopiaP2P is seeing every message and discussion of this forum. Since your suggestion is for the advancement of this forum i believe they will work on it.

No, I am not judging the activity and the working range of the UtopiaP2P developer on this forum base on traffic. I ask the question because I don't see their activity most of the time and some users of this forum have brought up a suggestion and nothing is done about it.

#94 2023-03-17 20:38:45

IyaJJJ

Camavinga;5814 wrote:
IyaJJJ;5746 wrote:

Wow, i didn’t know Utopia had a Poker channel, this is a useful link and thank you for sharing it to the community. I am not too interested in playing games on the Utopia ecosystem, i am more interested in stuff like CRP mining and the rest of them. But this link would be very beneficial because a lot of people have been asking questions about the Poker game on this thread, so maybe they can now ask some of their questions in the poker channel.

Happy to know that you also believe the Utopia poker channel link I provided will be beneficial for a lot of users of this forum but I am curious about the reason why you're interested in the game aspect of the Utopia ecosystem.

#95 2023-03-17 20:43:08

Detroit

thrive;5840 wrote:
Lanistergame2;5811 wrote:
thrive;5744 wrote:

Ok. You have a point cause nothing in this world that man overdoes that won't lead to addiction or an unhealthy result but I don't understand what you're trying to say when you said "but if on has a strong resolve, they can resist it and find other things to occupy their time."

Addiction is a dead end no one has to face. It takes a lot of self-discipline and love from family and friends to get out of it. It begins slowly and before you know it you are drowning in ADDICTION.

#96 2023-03-18 07:54:11

Camavinga

Does anyone here love to play football, it has always been my hobby right from when i was a kid in secondary school, i play football with my mates and i was always one of the best. I still play football today, but not as serious as back then, i use it to ease stress, does anyone here love to play football, and were you or are you good at it?

#97 2023-03-18 12:22:19

Lanistergame2

thrive;5840 wrote:

I meant that people who indulge in activities like gambling or day trading which can easily get one addicted but resists it are people who have strong resolves and they find other thing that takes their time, so they do not spend the whole day on a particular activity.

Camavinga;5939 wrote:

does anyone here love to play football, and were you or are you good at it?

Yes, I do love to play football as a hobby and would say I was a bit good at it. I have oter engagements now and so do not engage in it as much as I used to.

#98 2023-03-18 12:42:28

oba

Lanistergame2;5945 wrote:
Camavinga;5939 wrote:

does anyone here love to play football, and were you or are you good at it?

Yes, I do love to play football as a hobby and would say I was a bit good at it. I have oter engagements now and so do not engage in it as much as I used to.

I think you guys are talking about me because 20 years ago I am a footballer and I have a football club I play for then before I decide to quit due to financial issues I'm experiencing then. My friends and I both play for the same football club and they are still into football till now.

#99 2023-03-18 16:56:16

Detroit

Camavinga;5939 wrote:

Does anyone here love to play football, it has always been my hobby right from when i was a kid in secondary school, i play football with my mates and i was always one of the best. I still play football today, but not as serious as back then, i use it to ease stress, does anyone here love to play football, and were you or are you good at it?

I'm someone do not like to play football because I was scared of having myself injured. I hated injury as a kid even up till now,  whatever will coat me injuries is avoided with a top speed.

#100 2023-03-18 21:06:23

level

full;5841 wrote:
level;5833 wrote:
full;5832 wrote:

No, I am not judging the activity and the working range of the UtopiaP2P developer on this forum base on traffic. I ask the question because I don't see their activity most of the time and some users of this forum have brought up a suggestion and nothing is done about it.

You have a point and I also notice the developer doesn't have much attention to the forum user's suggestion but I think is all because of the technical, security, and advancement of the UtopiaP2P ecosystem that they are focused on.

Board footer