uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-25 07:56:13

Sorath

Having problems starting mining bot (UAM)?

Having problems with UAM?

In order to UAM start mining, it needs atleast 3 incoming connections. UAM relies on UPnP to make itself available to internet when behind a router. If you have internet connection that has public IP address (dynamic or static), you should be able to start UAM successfully. There are however many different configurations for network connection, let's go through them to enable you to start UAM successfully.

UAM will automatically select random free port for which it will listen.

Terms:
high ports: TCP ports starting from 20000(? this depends how UAM is programmed, I might need to revise this)
[uamuser]: replace this with user that you started UAM

Case 1a:
Router: has dynamic/static public IP address
Router: has NAT network (public or private addresses) for local computers
Router: UPnP is enabled
Result: Everything is ok! UAM will inform router with UPnP to open required port to internet and forward traffic to UAM.
Result: You will see "Links incoming/outgoing" both having connections (numbers). Remember, you need atleast 3 incoming connections to start mining.
Caveat: Your ISP (internet connection provider) might have blocked high ports, if so, UAM is unable to start mining. How do I know this? If you don't get any "Links incoming", mining is not possible.

Case 1b:
Router: has NAT network (public or private addresses) for local computers
Router: UPnP is not available but you can set port forwarding
Server: Check from "miner.log" file port and set port forwarding rule to router
Result: Everything is ok! Router will forward traffic from public internet to private internet.
Result: You will see "Links incoming/outgoing" both having connections (numbers). Remember, you need atleast 3 incoming connections to start mining.
Caveat: Your ISP (internet connection provider) might have blocked high ports, if so, UAM is unable to start mining. How do I know this? If you don't get any "Links incoming", mining is not possible.

Case 2a:
Router: has dynamic/static private IP address
Result: UAM cannot start mining. Forget it and move on.

Case 2b:
Router: you cannot set port forwarding or UPnP on router
Result: UAM cannot start mining. Forget it and move on.

Case 3a:
Router: you don't have control over router, it is in control of your ISP or other entity
Router: you have dynamic/static public IP address but you cannot control if UPnP is on at router
Router: high ports are open at router
Server: if you have firewall set on server (as you should have!), you should open port for UAM, please see "/home/[uamuser]/miner.log" for ports that it listens (marked in log file as "accessor started on []:20455")
Server: for Ubuntu based distroes UFW is default firewall, open port with following command "ufw allow 20455" (NOTE! port changes in every installation)
Result: Mining will now commence as you should see incoming links.

Case X (this is very unlikely situation, PLEASE DO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING! THIS IS LAST RESORT!):
Router: you have dynamic/static public IP address
Restriction: you can start port forwarding only to specific port
Server: you can modify listening port in "/home/[uamuser]/.uam/uam.ini" file, see line:
[net]
listens=[...]:20455
Server: change "20455" (aka port) to whatever you need it to be
Result: Mining will now commence as you should see incoming links.

I will modify this post when new information arises.

Last edited by Sorath (2021-03-25 07:59:17)

#2 2021-04-03 00:40:54

MinerBot

Re: Having problems starting mining bot (UAM)?

Thanks

#3 2021-09-20 08:28:03

Makedonskiy

often users run into a double NAT. This is when neither your own router nor the provider's side has taken the necessary measures.

Or, when they forget to enable replication and bridging on the virtual machine, with the inability to enable upnp on the router.

We forgot to add that a good router of at least the microtic or kinetic level is needed for successful network support

#4 2021-09-20 09:01:43

youtube

Most of the problems arise over the network, since it is difficult for an ordinary user to understand the difference between different networks. This guide helps to some extent to understand what is going wrong

#5 2021-09-24 06:06:04

kukoro

thank you for the information...

very detailed information....

Good luck always

#6 2021-11-03 11:38:33

NisCrew
Website

Thanks

#7 2021-11-04 08:02:40

iTruji

Thanks, very interesting.

#8 2021-11-04 18:18:31

iTruji

Hi again, do you plan to post changes about the new ram requirements to make the bots work?
Personally, I am very confused these last few days.

#9 2021-11-04 19:45:28

Liceus

Goood day, I ahve been ahving the situation were the node is overloaded, or simply the UAM froze then gets killed even the VM restarted averything with the configuration requested (4 cores, 4Gb). however since the update to the version 1.1.21. I solved that issue installing the DEB version on the bot for taht one. BUT for version 1.1.129 i had to increase the RAM to 8Gb and install the DEB to avoid my bots getting killed!!!

Did you increase the requirements of the bots?

#10 2021-11-05 04:54:10

Stormone1

Wow, i was searching any like, this, thank you bro!

#11 2021-11-09 10:13:28

sergo77

Thank you precisely I needed this information

#12 2022-02-16 14:37:05

aurelian

Thank you for this info. Very valuable as I plan to have a linux PC with one miner bot (UAM) at home. I have a router, and my computers have individual IP addresses like 192.168.0.X
As I am not a tech person, do I have a chance to set up and successfully run one miner bot at home?

#13 2022-02-20 17:22:28

Cromanes

О. Just what you need is great. Thank you!

#14 2022-06-17 05:09:29

N3koSempai

What is the bandwidth consumption of a bot network?

I am a software developer in C/C++ and Python

#15 2022-09-06 03:32:39

Cromanes

N3koSempai;1809 wrote:

What is the bandwidth consumption of a bot network?

If not a mining bot, but one that responds to messages and counts online. Then completely, differently. Some do not respond at all, and some do it instantaneously.

#16 2022-12-24 20:52:24

CrytoCynthia

What are the difficulties I may experience using the Mining Bot? Are there any bugs I am going to encounter and what’s the most effective way of using the mining bot?

#17 2023-01-07 22:35:08

Camavinga

CrytoCynthia;2101 wrote:

What are the difficulties I may experience using the Mining Bot? Are there any bugs I am going to encounter and what’s the most effective way of using the mining bot?

It is very easy to set up the utopia mining bot, you just have to google about it and in a few seconds you would understand how things work with it. As far as i know there are no difficulties using the mining bot, just make sure your electricity is cheap so it would be worth mining for you, you should also ensure you pay for the strongest internet connection possible.

Last edited by Camavinga (2023-01-07 22:35:43)

#18 2023-01-08 21:00:25

full

CrytoCynthia;2101 wrote:

From what I read, a new version of the Mining bot was released weeks ago if I could remember and it was released for the purpose of fixing difficulty with the inclusion of possible bugs.
I find an article that was written about Crypton mining and I think it will be useful for you.
https://www.publish0x.com/cryptopm/all- … tem-xddgne

#19 2023-01-09 19:07:13

Camavinga

full;2640 wrote:

I find an article that was written about Crypton mining and I think it will be useful for you.

Thank you for this link, i just got recently interested in CRP mining and i have been looking for materials to get an understanding of everything about it, this link would be really helpful for me. I sincerely hope people who are privy to good information about utopia can drop links for other members to read.

#20 2023-01-13 19:10:57

thrive

Camavinga;2673 wrote:
full;2640 wrote:

Thank you for this link, i just got recently interested in CRP mining and i have been looking for materials to get an understanding of everything about it, this link would be really helpful for me. I sincerely hope people who are privy to good information about utopia can drop links for other members to read.

I am not into Crypton coin mining but I am more into investment and accumulation of Crypton coin. Having said that, the link provided by the other user is helpful but in case you have some issues in the process I'll suggest that you use either the mining support channel or the help area of your Utopia program client.

#21 2023-01-14 16:19:09

Camavinga

thrive;2998 wrote:

I am not into Crypton coin mining but I am more into investment and accumulation of Crypton coin. Having said that, the link provided by the other user is helpful but in case you have some issues in the process I'll suggest that you use either the mining support channel or the help area of your Utopia program client.

Thank you very much mate, i am also more interested in buying CRP and holding it for the long term, though i am considering going into crp mining, but that’s more on an experimental basis than for immediate profit. So if i test the waters of crp mining and i find it great, i will then go deep into it. I will use the mining support channel, thank you.

#22 2023-05-06 17:49:57

Detroit

Camavinga;3070 wrote:
thrive;2998 wrote:

Thank you very much mate, i am also more interested in buying CRP and holding it for the long term, though i am considering going into crp mining, but that’s more on an experimental basis than for immediate profit. So if i test the waters of crp mining and i find it great, i will then go deep into it. I will use the mining support channel, thank you.

I believe it all depends on the individual and amount the person is willing to invest. I personally don't advise people to invest a lot of money into a growing coin unless you're a billionaire so you can influence the market.

#23 2023-05-16 20:06:59

Comrade

thrive;2998 wrote:
Camavinga;2673 wrote:
full;2640 wrote:

its sound interesting and i will like to partake in all this wonderful opportunities. Firstly i am actually new to tech  in which i will need the basics list of tools, connection, and steps to start mining and also to get more CRP.

#24 2023-05-16 20:41:59

Detroit

Comrade;8664 wrote:
thrive;2998 wrote:
Camavinga;2673 wrote:

its sound interesting and i will like to partake in all this wonderful opportunities. Firstly i am actually new to tech  in which i will need the basics list of tools, connection, and steps to start mining and also to get more CRP.

Being new in tech can be very difficult. You need to sit up and learn when you can. Also learning techs is a gradual process you do not get perfect or learn everything in one day.

#25 2023-05-16 21:18:29

Comrade

I agree with that,  it mostly sound interesting getting peoples thoughts on how they go about certain steps. Which i would just love to related and benefits as the times tics  I ve tried few in understanding computer languages in web development, online coin mining and apps mining.

Board footer