uTalk

Official forum for Utopia Community

You are not logged in.

#51 2023-02-03 19:26:57

full

Re: Latoken withdrawals

Camavinga;4532 wrote:
IyaJJJ;4280 wrote:

I have used the exchange at some point but just for some moment to sell some shitcoin I have stocked up before the bearish effects the token price.

Okay, when you used the exchange, what was your experience like, did everything go on smoothly or was there any glitch while you carried out your transaction. The complain about this exchange at the beginning of this thread was a very long time ago, so it is good if we can get current information about this exchange, to know how they are operating now.

A user once posted his experience on LaToken this week when he trade Crypton coin there and how he was unable to withdraw the CRP after the successful purchase of the coin.

#52 2023-02-03 20:32:38

Detroit

thrive;4304 wrote:
Detroit;4193 wrote:
KAMSI_UG;4172 wrote:

I had once seen la token tutorial now I am seeing la token withdrawal this has lead me to wonder why is la token getting such traffic and why aren’t people talking about other exchanges.

I personally do not like the la token exchange. In my opinion, it's overhyped.  It's barely fast and it always has connection issues.
Crypton exchange on the other hand is fast and reliable. The transaction fee for Crypton exchange is very low.

What I don't like about the LaToken exchange is its poor management and there's no advancement put in place for the exchange. If you guys are one of the long users of exchange you'll agree with me that they are poor in development.

Yes,  I totally agree with you. The developers are doing almost nothing. Those guys lack a sense of business. There are just allowing such an investment to waste slowly. It is really painful to see.

#53 2023-02-04 19:02:22

Camavinga

full;4538 wrote:

A user once posted his experience on LaToken this week when he trade Crypton coin there and how he was unable to withdraw the CRP after the successful purchase of the coin.

Ouch, that is really terrible to happen to any person, i have not seen this post, and i would not mind if you post the link to the post. Well if that is true i think we can call this exchange a scam and warn people not to use it. Once there is so much complaint of irregularities in a particular exchange, it means that the exchange is a scam and very bad and people should stay away from it.

#54 2023-02-04 19:07:43

Detroit

Camavinga;4620 wrote:

Ouch, that is really terrible to happen to any person, i have not seen this post, and i would not mind if you post the link to the post. Well if that is true i think we can call this exchange a scam and warn people not to use it. Once there is so much complaint of irregularities in a particular exchange, it means that the exchange is a scam and very bad and people should stay away from it.

The rate at which fake exchanges arises is very scary. You just wake up one day and one of the exchanges you've been using is a scam and they have cashed out using your money. Sadly, I must say.

#55 2023-02-04 19:42:50

CrytoCynthia

Detroit;4623 wrote:
Camavinga;4620 wrote:

The rate at which fake exchanges arises is very scary. You just wake up one day and one of the exchanges you've been using is a scam and they have cashed out using your money. Sadly, I must say.

Well honestly speaking it would be hard for fake exchanges to survive, right now people are getting smarter and the issues about fake exchanges are very much being documented for people to take precautions.

#56 2023-02-05 19:32:09

Camavinga

Detroit;4623 wrote:

It is sad, but people are not learning. Before you use an exchange you should do your research about the exchange to know if they are known for scams or successful trades, but if you use an exchange without checking well about it, then there are chances you will fall for a scam exchange. There are so many scammers in the network, but you have to choose the best ones and use them.

#57 2023-02-05 20:12:28

Kelechi

Well I don't know if it's the fact that Utopia p2p is Decentralized that's making people insensitive about their security level, in other not to lose your funds you need to be very careful using lots of exchanges.

#58 2023-02-05 22:01:52

Detroit

Kelechi;4813 wrote:

Well I don't know if it's the fact that Utopia p2p is Decentralized that's making people insensitive about their security level, in other not to lose your funds you need to be very careful using lots of exchanges.

In my opinion, using so many exchanges can be very dangerous. You need to focus on one and trust it. Also, ensure you are not using a bad one which is also bad.

#59 2023-02-06 04:58:33

Lanistergame2

Detroit;4853 wrote:

In my opinion, using so many exchanges can be very dangerous. You need to focus on one and trust it. Also, ensure you are not using a bad one which is also bad.

You do not trust exchanges, and do need to.
Trust only factors in when you are using a centralized exchange which holds the keys to all funds stored there.

With decentralized exchanges which allows P2P transactions, you do not need to trust, you hold the funds and the platform only mediate the transaction.

#60 2023-02-06 18:09:20

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;4853 wrote:
Kelechi;4813 wrote:

This is wrong mate never trust an exchange even if the exchange has not yet scammed anyone or had such issues. Infact never trust anything in cryptocurrency.

#61 2023-02-06 19:20:01

Camavinga

Detroit;4853 wrote:

There is nothing wrong in using many reputable exchanges. You just have to make sure that the exchanges you are using are well known and reputable. The problem with exchanges is keeping your crypto inside it like a bank; if you trade crypto on the exchange you move your coins into your own wallet asap.

#62 2023-02-06 20:20:06

Detroit

Camavinga;4878 wrote:

There is nothing wrong in using many reputable exchanges. You just have to make sure that the exchanges you are using are well known and reputable. The problem with exchanges is keeping your crypto inside it like a bank; if you trade crypto on the exchange you move your coins into your own wallet asap.

Well, I personally find everything wrong with having so many exchanges. I believe it's putting you in a position for you to get scammed. Most especially when the exchange closes all of a sudden.

#63 2023-02-06 22:07:43

Lanistergame2

Detroit;4911 wrote:

Well, I personally find everything wrong with having so many exchanges. I believe it's putting you in a position for you to get scammed. Most especially when the exchange closes all of a sudden.

Using so many exchanges does not mean you store funds in them. You should never use an exchange as a storing wallet to keep your funds.

If the exchanges close or crash, you do not lose anything.

#64 2023-02-07 13:13:32

Camavinga

Detroit;4911 wrote:

If an exchange closes, you will only lose funds if you have any of it stored in any of the exchanges, but if you just trade in multiple exchanges that are of very good reputation and always withdraw your funds into your own wallet immediately, then you have nothing to fear. People use many exchanges because sometimes one exchange can ask for more kyc verification than you are ready to provide, you can then move over to another exchange.

#65 2023-02-07 18:35:16

Detroit

Camavinga;4980 wrote:

If an exchange closes, you will only lose funds if you have any of it stored in any of the exchanges, but if you just trade in multiple exchanges that are of very good reputation and always withdraw your funds into your own wallet immediately, then you have nothing to fear. People use many exchanges because sometimes one exchange can ask for more kyc verification than you are ready to provide, you can then move over to another exchange.

Yeah,  I get your point mate. Just that the idea of using so many of them at the same time is just not worth the stress.  Like you said about not storing it in the exchange platform but transferring it into the appropriate wallet some individuals may forget or not even know the implications of what they are doing.

#66 2023-02-07 20:24:01

KAMSI_UG

Guys it’s best to limit your use of multiple exchanges it’s actually a big risk and especially using centralized exchanges that demands your private details.

#67 2023-02-07 20:54:17

Lanistergame2

KAMSI_UG;5029 wrote:

Guys it’s best to limit your use of multiple exchanges it’s actually a big risk and especially using centralized exchanges that demands your private details.

if one is scared of giving out their information to multiple platforms, they should be equally scared of giving it to one.

Off course, the more the exchanges we use, the higher the risk of being involved in a hack or breach, but my point is that if you consider multiple CEXes to be risky, why use any at all?

#68 2023-02-08 11:16:57

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;5029 wrote:

Surely centralized exchanges have their own risk based on your private details being leaked and exposed to the public, but centralized exchanges are the easiest to use, that is why they have huge crypto trading volume. But using multiple good exchanges is fine by me, because whether you provide your details to one or more exchanges, the risk of leak is there already.

#69 2023-02-08 19:54:30

Detroit

Lanistergame2;5037 wrote:

if one is scared of giving out their information to multiple platforms, they should be equally scared of giving it to one.

Off course, the more the exchanges we use, the higher the risk of being involved in a hack or breach, but my point is that if you consider multiple CEXes to be risky, why use any at all?

Well, that's like having HIV and refusing to take drugs or having more unprotected sex since the outcome later is almost or still the same.
Just like you said,  you are just increasing your chances for hackers, etc.

#70 2023-03-26 18:52:49

Camavinga

Detroit;5155 wrote:

Yeah, using many centralized exchanges is very bad because you are giving your private information to many centralized service and it increases the chances of a breach in the date and for it to be exposed to the public, if you want to use a centralized exchange, use one. Or you just use a decentralized exchange.

#71 2023-05-07 18:22:47

Detroit

Camavinga;6629 wrote:
Detroit;5155 wrote:

Yeah, using many centralized exchanges is very bad because you are giving your private information to many centralized service and it increases the chances of a breach in the date and for it to be exposed to the public, if you want to use a centralized exchange, use one. Or you just use a decentralized exchange.

That's absolutely correct mate. You seem to be very knowledgeable about cryptocurrency. How long have you been in the business of cryptocurrency?

#72 2023-05-07 18:25:33

Camavinga

Detroit;7988 wrote:
Camavinga;6629 wrote:
Detroit;5155 wrote:

That's absolutely correct mate. You seem to be very knowledgeable about cryptocurrency. How long have you been in the business of cryptocurrency?

I won't consider myself very knowledgeable.  There are names here that are quite more knowledgeable than I am. I'm still learning. I have been in this crypto currency business for the past seven to eight years now.

#73 2023-05-07 18:26:29

KAMSI_UG

Detroit;7988 wrote:
Camavinga;6629 wrote:
Detroit;5155 wrote:

Well honestly anyone can grow in Cryptocurrency you don’t need to have been in cryptocurrency for to long to actually understand what cryptocurrency is all about.

#74 2023-05-07 18:32:19

Camavinga

KAMSI_UG;7992 wrote:
Detroit;7988 wrote:
Camavinga;6629 wrote:

Well honestly anyone can grow in Cryptocurrency you don’t need to have been in cryptocurrency for to long to actually understand what cryptocurrency is all about.

Exactly, I have a friend who I just introduced into cryptocurrency six months ago. What he knows now, I did not know it in two years. I think it's all about sitting down making research and asking the right questions to the right person.

#75 2024-02-19 22:23:36

Lanistergame2

LATOKEN withdrawals" would typically refer to the process of taking out or transferring cryptocurrency assets from the LATOKEN exchange to an external wallet or another platform. Users can initiate withdrawals to manage their funds securely or move assets between different platforms. It's essential to follow the specific

Board footer